January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Twitter, but the embedded tweet isn't working proper today.

screen of the shop;

hotltllt.png

Does he know #23 needs to buy some pie and mash for the lads first?

Arry knows a triffic spot near-by - could text him quicjky

Greg Stobart @gstobart

Damiao is both AVB & Levy's first choice of the 'attainable' strikers. Expect #THFC will wait until the summer & look for a stop-gap now

Will never happen probably - will hopefully write us a nice long letter to explain why as Chelsea FC's private jet accelerates down the runway for their CL clash against Valencia CF while we prepare to face FC Videoton the next day in a fight to secure precious 3 EL points

Apologies for this not being about fish, but I was told this morning (by someone in football, but not anything remotely to do with us) that we are looking at a Celtic player just now, but he says its not Hooper or Wanyama, but James Forrest is the one we are looking at.

He's a 21 year old right winger that can play anywhere up front really. Probably not strong enough yet to be a centre forward, but he has played there for Celtic. The guy who looks after the SFA development is a Dutch bloke (name escapes me) and he recently rated Forrest to be at the same level as the likes of VDV and Rapey when they were his age.

Anyway, guy I spoke to works in the SFA, that's why he's got this info, but could be shite.

My first is in turnip, but not in longboat, etc. Ostriches. TLDR. Tits or GTFO.

weren't we linked with him last january? pretty sure i remember one of my mates who supports Woolwich going on about him and bale both being hobbits? may be wrong.

Greg Stobart @gstobart

Damiao is both AVB & Levy's first choice of the 'attainable' strikers. Expect #THFC will wait until the summer & look for a stop-gap now

This makes no sense. Everything I've read / been told, is that the Brazilian league has finished, and now is the best time to do business (as in the summer all I hear is how Internacional don't want to sell as it will harm their chances of qualifying for the Copa Libertadores!) Why are we waiting for the summer?

Hooper vs Damaio. At first it seems pretty clear who's the better striker but the thing we should be thinking about is who will be better for Spurs and who has more to prove. I'm not massively sold on either but Hooper is a tenacious little fucker and he's a great goalscorer. It will also be the step up for him that he wants and needs. It doesn't hurt that he's Spurs too. Damaio could be another Adebayor. Great idea. Rubbish reality. Willing to be proved wrong but world class strikers at the money we are paying are thin on the ground. I might be happier with someone who'll upset the applecart rather than a marquee signing who's never played in the UK. People take time to settle too. Just saying...

Back
Top Bottom