January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On a similar note - what happened to the Butland rumours?

What about the young keeper from our Next-Gen series (played against Barcelona (H)) - looked decent or am I being generous?

An article on SSN suggesting there are few clubs looking at Gomes - for his career's sake (or whatever is left of it) and more importantly - our wage bill, I sincerely hope it's true

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...unsettled-Tottenham-goalkeeper-Heurelho-Gomes

I always felt bad for Gomes. For me, he made many more top, top class saves than mistakes but he'll always be remembered for the latter, which is a shame. One of my personal favorites was against an RVP free-kick when playing the goons at home in 2010 (He made a few great saves in that game). Everyone remembers Rose's goal...but Gomes was the hero that day!

link to a highlights video!

Agreed - he threw in some world-class performances in the run-in to 4th that season - massive contribution to securing that spot

I think in end became an issue of confidence (?) and media pressure

Can you imagine, just imagine, if we signed Moutinho this month. I think this thread would self combust, not to mention what might happen to Jah Jah .
:avbwtf:

Not funny man... that's just not funny...
*On my knees, crying* Dear GOD, please, make it so Moutinho never leave Porto, EVER!!! Amen

I always felt bad for Gomes. For me, he made many more top, top class saves than mistakes but he'll always be remembered for the latter, which is a shame. One of my personal favorites was against an RVP free-kick when playing the goons at home in 2010 (He made a few great saves in that game). Everyone remembers Rose's goal...but Gomes was the hero that day!

link to a highlights video!

I lost patients with him after he saved a pen v Blackpool, then went mental and gave away another. But i think most people had enough of him after the Chelsea game where he let the ball slip from his hands, even if it didn't cross the line. But that season, Gomes cost us too many points :gomes:.

But the season we got 4th he was epic!

Seems that F.C. Porto, after buying Diego Reyes, has now a deal to buy another Olympic Champion with Mexico, Hector Herrera (Best player at Toulon Tournament).
This Hector Herrera is the replacement for Moutinho, so it seems next July Spurs will have the chance to get Moutinho

Would love to see him returning to PSV, but that won't happen. Think most PSV fans would love to see him back in Eindhoven aswell.

Seems that F.C. Porto, after buying Diego Reyes, has now a deal to buy another Olympic Champion with Mexico, Hector Herrera (Best player at Toulon Tournament).
This Hector Herrera is the replacement for Moutinho, so it seems next July Spurs will have the chance to get Moutinho

Is Herrera a pre-contract for the summer?

Back
Top Bottom