January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HAHAHAHA ...

I love AVB even more now ... love how coy he was when he said that we won't be getting anyone.

One more transfer and I will completely explode ... but doubt it.
Also Holtby will probably be eased into the team, like how AVB likes to bring on players based on bad performances or good. Unfortunate for siggy but it will be interesting to see where AVB puts holtby ... whether that's behind the striker in the hole or alongside Dembele.

They were counting on the parachute payment from getting relegated. Now that that's not looking as likely, they're eager for more cash up front.

Some Goonmonger ITK's are saying they've signed someone and it's going to be announced tonight, I hope it's some 17 year old french kid from ligue 2 and not Diame or anyone of any immediate talent.

OMG

MwuKtPal.jpg

:baletroll:

Also Holtby will probably be eased into the team, like how AVB likes to bring on players based on bad performances or good. Unfortunate for siggy but it will be interesting to see where AVB puts holtby ... whether that's behind the striker in the hole or alongside Dembele.

I would think behind the striker is an easier/safer position to introduce someone than CM.

CM in the premiership is a position fraught with danger and responsibility. AM, a certain amount of freedom is afforded. He will have to track back less, will have less of the game in front of him...

Also, premiership defences can open up nicely quite regularly so if his passing meets expectation its as position where he could make more of an immediate impact.

And then like Modric once he is acclimated he can move into CM if need be...

Back
Top Bottom