January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
If, by the end of January the squad of players we have hasn't been moulded into MP's specifications then I can see possibly two players coming in but if we are resembling a side that is taking shape then I wouldn't be surprised if there are no new signings.

Stambouli for example hasn't seen very much time on the pitch, so much so I frequently forget we have him, same with Fazio. These two alone could well be the answers to who is going to come in and improve upon Kaboul and Capoue?

The main area we seem to be lacking in is in the creative department. It seems crazy to say but I don't have a great deal of faith in any of our attacking midfielders currently, and certainly can't rely upon any of our strikers. It would be foolish to say Kane isn't looking very confident but until he is given a chance against stronger opposition judgement must remain on the fence somewhat. But then is that due to the system, the coaching, the players? I don't know but Eriksen seems a shell of his latter half of last season form. Lamela remains very much a work in progress, and all the others seem to be much of a muchness.

We can't go and buy Sanchez, we have lost a host of players who were all match winners, and it takes time to acquire or develop the relevant standard of player we need. I don't know if that player is to be bought or if we already have him or them but I can't help thinking we will be sitting on our hands during January.

If, by the end of January the squad of players we have hasn't been moulded into MP's specifications then I can see possibly two players coming in but if we are resembling a side that is taking shape then I wouldn't be surprised if there are no new signings.

Stambouli for example hasn't seen very much time on the pitch, so much so I frequently forget we have him, same with Fazio. These two alone could well be the answers to who is going to come in and improve upon Kaboul and Capoue?

The main area we seem to be lacking in is in the creative department. It seems crazy to say but I don't have a great deal of faith in any of our attacking midfielders currently, and certainly can't rely upon any of our strikers. It would be foolish to say Kane isn't looking very confident but until he is given a chance against stronger opposition judgement must remain on the fence somewhat. But then is that due to the system, the coaching, the players? I don't know but Eriksen seems a shell of his latter half of last season form. Lamela remains very much a work in progress, and all the others seem to be much of a muchness.

We can't go and buy Sanchez, we have lost a host of players who were all match winners, and it takes time to acquire or develop the relevant standard of player we need. I don't know if that player is to be bought or if we already have him or them but I can't help thinking we will be sitting on our hands during January.

Wastegash don't waste my time,
Don't like prison don't do the crime

I think Eriksen had a great game vs city and the team looked much more creative with him vs Newcastle. He is by far the attacking player I rate most. Lamela still has to prove himself in the pl and chadli is not really taking part in the game despite scoring goals.

I think Eriksen had a great game vs city and the team looked much more creative with him vs Newcastle. He is by far the attacking player I rate most. Lamela still has to prove himself in the pl and chadli is not really taking part in the game despite scoring goals.

I agree with the final two points but Eriksen was very poor against Newcastle - hardly alone in that, though.

I agree with the final two points but Eriksen was very poor against Newcastle - hardly alone in that, though.
Eriksen best when he stays in the middle and does not have to defend.
The more I watch Eriksen and Lamela together on the pitch, the more I start to believe that both cant be played at once.
Lamela from the RW has been horrid, he needs to be central as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eriksen doesn't play for our club for terribly long. He doesn't seem to have any terrible value in Poch's system and a creator is supposed to be creating. Unfortunately, he's really not doing too much.

I love the guy, and I don't want him to go at all, but I think I'm just saying what a lot of people are way too nervous to say.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eriksen doesn't play for our club for terribly long. He doesn't seem to have any terrible value in Poch's system and a creator is supposed to be creating. Unfortunately, he's really not doing too much.

I love the guy, and I don't want him to go at all, but I think I'm just saying what a lot of people are way too nervous to say.
Fuck man - players like Eriksen you work with. That's a crazy thing to say. This is all too soon for that kind of shit. Also, I don't see how you can post that and say you love the guy? This will take 2 seasons at least. Poch has to weed out the want away players and get the people who want to play for Tottenham in.

It's the players, not the managers - we could have 5 managers with this squad, and it wouldn't be any different. Have some patience, and just enjoy being Spurs. We're not going anywhere. Please stop looking for short term fixes.

Fuck man - players like Eriksen you work with. That's a crazy thing to say. This is all too soon for that kind of shit. Also, I don't see how you can post that and say you love the guy? This will take 2 seasons at least. Poch has to weed out the want away players and get the people who want to play for Tottenham in.

It's the players, not the managers - we could have 5 managers with this squad, and it wouldn't be any different. Have some patience, and just enjoy being Spurs. We're not going anywhere. Please stop looking for short term fixes.

He's taking steps back when he should be improving. It's not a far fetched thing to be saying by any means. I would think it's somewhat obvious. Now, the question that has to be posed is why does he not seem to be producing in the manner that he could/should. Lamela is a huge part of it. They don't really give each other the space needed. I also think that having a misfiring striker isn't helping Chris' case at all either.

I really do love the guy and I don't want to see him go.

He's taking steps back when he should be improving. It's not a far fetched thing to be saying by any means. I would think it's somewhat obvious. Now, the question that has to be posed is why does he not seem to be producing in the manner that he could/should. Lamela is a huge part of it. They don't really give each other the space needed. I also think that having a misfiring striker isn't helping Chris' case at all either.

I really do love the guy and I don't want to see him go.
Still haven't got your link from the other thread.

Its definitely not unthinkable (Mata - Chelsea).
Hope he stays and finds his consistency.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom