January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if Eriksen doesn't play for our club for terribly long. He doesn't seem to have any terrible value in Poch's system and a creator is supposed to be creating. Unfortunately, he's really not doing too much.

I love the guy, and I don't want him to go at all, but I think I'm just saying what a lot of people are way too nervous to say.
Whatever you're smoking, buddy - throw it away before it fries your brain completely

Last edited:
It might help things if he was played in the right position where he can do the most damage. Playing him on the left or right hand side is just ridiculous.

How about we get this Lac Phan lad? He's almost 16 and he's a Center Forward. He's quick, not a poacher, and kinda intelligent, like Kane. Since we can't get Son, we can get a poor man's Son. One for the future at Spurs? Plus I think he likes Tottenham

:vert:

Speaking of (realistic) strikers - Luiz Adriano has been demolishing teams this season so far - already 9 goals in the CL alone

Worth a punt for a decent fee, imv

West Brom's England new boy Saido Berahino, 21, is at the centre of a transfer battle between Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham.

Source is TheSun though so I don't believe it lol!

I've also seen that Delph is on our radar.... Again paper talk

I think that a double swoop for Lacazette and Ayew would be good. No rumours and I know people hate that but I'm just spitballing ideas

Delph is injured for 2-3 months
I know but apparently he has refused contract talks which has alerted a couple of teams, us included. Wouldn't surprise me if it's just his agent trying to secure a better deal for the lad.

Fabian Delph has told Aston Villa he has no plans to sign a new contract and is set to leave the club in the summer, with Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham all interested in signing the 24-year-old midfielder. (Daily Telegraph)

Given the way our youth have stepped things up a notch in the past few months, I'm tempted to saw sod it, throw caution to the wind, and bring in no one. Let the guys who won't work go, and throw as many of the development squad as are ready into the team. They may fail at first, but I doubt they will for long.

That is insanely optimistic on my part, I realize.

Given the way our youth have stepped things up a notch in the past few months, I'm tempted to saw sod it, throw caution to the wind, and bring in no one. Let the guys who won't work go, and throw as many of the development squad as are ready into the team. They may fail at first, but I doubt they will for long.

That is insanely optimistic on my part, I realize.
I would love that too happen!

Too old. And too many ownership issues potentially.

Fifa introduced a new rule where third party ownership is banned. Not sure when it comes into effect though; this summer?

Don't agree he's too old. We bought Soldado when he was 28. His contract runs out in 2017, so could be possible to get him next summer but I won't hold my breath. Knowing Levy we'll get Bendtner on loan.

The best transfer buys tend to be the guys you've never heard of but are quality (Michu, Benteke, Bony, Pelle...). Just a shame our dips into obscurity end with us buying players like Chiriches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom