January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are we always so SHIT when it comes to signing a striker, charlie uastin has been snapped up for 4m, and still we havent signed anyone. other than the useless clinton who has manage to injure himself.

why are we always so SHIT when it comes to signing a striker, charlie uastin has been snapped up for 4m, and still we havent signed anyone. other than the useless clinton who has manage to injure himself.
Oh the dyslexic brother of Charlie Austin.
We could have signed him all day long. We never were interested in Charlie Austin. You were.
I hope Clinton turns out to be as useless as Kane. I would bet my wife - no better still my John Lobb shoes - that you were also one of those who said Kane should be nowhere near theTottenham team. You know when he was 18.

Oh the dyslexic brother of Charlie Austin.
We could have signed him all day long. We never were interested in Charlie Austin. You were.
I hope Clinton turns out to be as useless as Kane. I would bet my wife - no better still my John Lobb shoes - that you were also one of those who said Kane should be nowhere near theTottenham team. You know when he was 18.

stop making up bollocks, i have rated kane since he got a run out during our cup games in the AVB era. I am sorry but I dont rate clinton, he looks very uncoordinated and a bit of a headless chicken. I am yet to see him do anything useful on the pitch.

stop making up bollocks, i have rated kane since he got a run out during our cup games in the AVB era. I am sorry but I dont rate clinton, he looks very uncoordinated and a bit of a headless chicken. I am yet to see him do anything useful on the pitch.
Njie has played a grand total of 359 minutes in a Spurs shirt.

Pasta is disgusting. I ate some after boiling it for a few seconds.

So, what did Kane do in his first 160 mins of Premier league football or in his first 190 of EL?. He never did much either. Never scored a single goal.

Glad you never wrote of Kane in 11/12 under HR when he missed that penalty v Hearts in his first game in the EL Qually's.

Anyway Triffic....what about Andre Gray. He has played with Pritchard, who may or may not be influential when he gets a chance, is relatively young and can score goals. Pacy, lots of movement and can score and assist.
However, to prise him away from Burnley would cost at least £15m and they are also in a promotion chase.

However, much better fit than Charlie Austin and wouldn't cost so much in wages. He was earning as much as Hugo, our highest paid player, at QPR. I think our next highest paid only gets 60k.
You have to realise mate if you thought the purse stings were tight before they are even more so now. Will be for a while.
We will buy with whatever Andros goes for imo. Maybe add 5-6m on that tops. If we are not selling don't expect us to lay out £20m just to get a striker.

Anyway Triffic....what about Andre Gray. He has played with Pritchard, who may or may not be influential when he gets a chance, is relatively young and can score goals. Pacy, lots of movement and can score and assist.
However, to prise him away from Burnley would cost at least £15m and they are also in a promotion chase.

However, much better fit than Charlie Austin and wouldn't cost so much in wages. He was earning as much as Hugo, our highest paid player, at QPR. I think our next highest paid only gets 60k.
You have to realise mate if you thought the purse stings were tight before they are even more so now. Will be for a while.
We will buy with whatever Andros goes for imo. Maybe add 5-6m on that tops. If we are not selling don't expect us to lay out £20m just to get a striker.
Won't be allowed to be registered by 3 clubs in one season.

But it's an interesting candidate. Scored goals at every level he's played at. I think yeah, about £15,000,000 would get him - I think he could easily score goals in the Premier League and surprised a lot of other teams haven't looked at Championship strikers like Rhodes and Gray and instead opt for players from a foreign league like an Mbokani, Valencia, Rondon etc. - I know it's early days but Bournemouth signing Afobe will prove to be good business.

I don't think I've ever been as excited about a Spurs squad as what I am currently. Closest is probably when we had Bale, Modric and co.

The understanding you can see between Kane, Eriksen and Lamela is massively exciting. Dier and Alli have a great partnership. Add the work ethic and all round game of Dembele and that is a great mix.

Alderwiereld and Vertonghen are the best pairing we've had since King and Daws. Trippier is looking solid and Rose and Davies are class. With Hugo behind its an amazing team overall.

If we can keep this team together for the foreseeable, add a couple of players with talent and the right attitude we really do have a chance of winning trophies and becoming a top European team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom