January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are so right and yet so many on here are happy to accept the situation as it is once again. We somehow once again find ourselves with the top 4 and champions league football within touching distance. Hell, we could even win the fucking title for the first time in most of our lifetimes.Yet we are probably one injury away from the whole thing falling apart in the last couple of months. Surely the fans deserve some sort of statement from the owners that we intend to consolidate our position and push on in the final few months. Under Levy we havent finished above Woolwich once. Not fucking once. Shocking. Yet here we are, seemingly happy to persevere with what we have. Crossing our fingers that our luck holds out. Scandelous.
Agreeing with someone who wants to bet AGAINST Spurs.

Maybe Arcspace wasn't so far off the mark.

Ridiculous.

Reason im so angry is because this is modric /bale 2012 all over again ,we just need that little boost to push on but once again we act naive to think we can compete with defiencies in key areas.chadli and fazio do not give me any confidence at all .top 4 is what we should nail down and it will allow us to keep our main playrs.

So who do we have threading water waiting to push through a transfer this time? I must have missed it.

You are so right and yet so many on here are happy to accept the situation as it is once again. We somehow once again find ourselves with the top 4 and champions league football within touching distance. Hell, we could even win the fucking title for the first time in most of our lifetimes.Yet we are probably one injury away from the whole thing falling apart in the last couple of months. Surely the fans deserve some sort of statement from the owners that we intend to consolidate our position and push on in the final few months. Under Levy we havent finished above Woolwich once. Not fucking once. Shocking. Yet here we are, seemingly happy to persevere with what we have. Crossing our fingers that our luck holds out. Scandelous.
Take it up with Mauricio. He's the one who doesn't want to sign any defensive help and who has such high standards over strikers.

I love Poch. I think he`s a class above. But if, God forbid, we sign no-one and our season disintegrates as it has in the past, 90% of the Poch Lovers on here will be calling for his head while the real cause gets another free ride. we`ve been here before guys

I love Poch. I think he`s a class above. But if, God forbid, we sign no-one and our season disintegrates as it has in the past, 90% of the Poch Lovers on here will be calling for his head while the real cause gets another free ride. we`ve been here before guys
No, we haven't.

When else were in the title race in February under Levy?

And we'll still not have a stadium.

amirite

No, not really. 2012 was not the same as this year, and there's really no point in claiming that it is. Harry spent the last half of the year campaigning for the England job, Modric gave up, and there was no single signing that was going to stop that.

Mauricio isn't campaigning for another job, he's built the team into a unit, has stated he already has back up options, used the ones he named, and spends most of his time in pressers not talking about players, but fending off incredulous journalists who refuse to listen to what he says to them.

We really haven't been here before.

Surely the fans deserve some sort of statement from the owners that we intend to consolidate our position and push on

12642953_10153438442148505_7182695002482331121_n.jpg

10322818_10153385535473505_287583662055388602_n.jpg

535193_10153383479538505_2736095998730935433_n.jpg

947320_10153383475298505_1335135162400957707_n.jpg

3216.jpg

What makes laugh is it's all good you buffoons on here calling people "cunts" and " idiots" for expressing a desire to strengthen in a position we are clearly short in but let's say we don't sign someone and in 3 weeks time Harry Kane gets injured and the goals start to dye up. What will be your fucking excuse then? I bet you will all be coming on here saying " I wish we would of signed a striker now" .... It's not about signing a championship striker and suddenly he's the man who's going to win us the league. Are you all that simple? It's about having that extra option. Having that natural striker to come in and do a job when Kane is off form or god forbid injured. That natural striker who can come in and play with Kane at times. But you mugs keep burying your head in the sand and keep believing Nacer Chadli and Son are strikers!!!!

Since you are ignoring Schmood's question, I'll quote you on this one.

Who are we to sign that is available, that will guarantee us to win the league?

The question goes to trifficTotnum also

why you asking me? I aint the fucking scout. But I`m sure there are plenty of players all around europe who we could afford that would strengthen our team. If your gonna ask something at least keep it sensible.
But are they actually for sale? Kane would improve 99% of the clubs in Europe, and most of the top 10 clubs on the planet. They could also afford him. But he's not for sale, so they can't buy him. We're not alone in this situation.

No, we haven't.

When else were in the title race in February under Levy?
We are in January not February. And in many recent Januarys we`ve been pushing top 4, Levys kept his hands in his pockets, and we ultimately fade away and miss out. In January 2011 we were 3rd, in the title race, 10 points above Woolwich, and Levy gave us Nelson and Saha.
We all know what happened after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom