January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Depay? Jesus christ, let the big money clubs pay overprice for no-class wannabe popstar wankers.

A little less camouflage supercar......

Memphis-Depay-bil.jpg

..... and a little more of this

harry-kane-girlfriend-1.jpg

Based on his fashion style?
Based on how he was performing prior to moving to Manchester. He'd had an excellent season, looked to be a serious superstar in the making, and suited out style. He thought that his pre-existing relationship with LVG would mean great things, but like van Persie, found out that the LVG who managed Holland was not the same as the guy who managed MUFC.

He's now basically done nothing for 20 months, under two managers who have little tactical use for vibrant wide attackers.

It's a gamble, but if we were willing to pay 20 million for him before he went to MUFC (and according to PSV we offered that, twice), then I'd take the gamble now. The potential pay-off is too great not to.

Depay? Jesus christ, let the big money clubs pay overprice for no-class wannabe popstar wankers.

Memphis-Depay-bil.jpg

He's Dutch Dele Alli. From very similar backgrounds and with similar styles of play. Imagine being able to flank Kane with a pair of Dele Allis. That is what Depay could be.

We should be all over Schneiderlin

Ship sailed years ago in my opinion.....I know he divided opinion like no other non Spurs player, but never did much that made me believe the hype.
The times we played against him at Southampton he was simply non existent and I think the likes of Mason and Capoue stood out far more....the 1-0 win at WHL when Capoue mastered the entire middle of the pitch.
Done nothing at Utd in what 2 seasons? Forgotten man, in a position we have better who cant all play as it is.

Goals scorer or creative mid for me, but no more DM in my opinion.

Memphis-Depay-bil.jpg

We laugh at Poch when he says we're looking for the "right" kind of player during transfer windows...

Depay "now that i'm at United i want to be called Memphis" is the opposite of that

He's Dutch Dele Alli. From very similar backgrounds and with similar styles of play. Imagine being able to flank Kane with a pair of Dele Allis. That is what Depay could be.

Should we sign Balotelli as well?

559743_10151358571191412_1620361627_n.jpg

I imagine even if Levy, Poch and Mitchell only agreed one set rule for transfers in their entire time working together it would have been:

Do not sign players with camo wrapped cars

Should we sign Balotelli as well?

559743_10151358571191412_1620361627_n.jpg

I imagine even if Levy, Poch and Mitchell only agreed one set rule for transfers in their entire time working together it would have been:

Do not sign players with camo wrapped cars
Balotelli at 20, with Pochettino managing him, might have turned out very differently. Now, hell no, it's too late.

Back
Top Bottom