January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's not the best picture. You can barely even tell that it's a penis sling pouch.

dWu7gUL.jpg
I'm caught between laughing at this product and genuinely wanting a pair (groin tear just having healed now).

Last edited:
Well, he may have been at Fulham? No idea. I still remember Dembele in Poch's first season and his very laid back attitude and style, many of us thought he'd be a goner.
Even though he was likely injured Dembele under Sherwood and 6 months into Poch, was just ponderous and too sideways so many times he looked to be running down blind alleys and slowing the play down.

Remember him being linked with Sunderland!?!

:dembele:

Even though he was likely injured Dembele under Sherwood and 6 months into Poch, was just ponderous and too sideways so many times he looked to be running down blind alleys and slowing the play down.

Remember him being linked with Sunderland!?!

:dembele:

He was down right shit. I still remember his shambolic performance against West Ham at home - I thought that was the final straw to be honest. It's a testament though to Pochettino's man management and Dembele's willingness to improve that he's now where he is.

But Fulham is different to Tottenham. Jol strikes me as a fun coach who probably doesn't have the same drive and determination that Pochettino has which is why he's failed pretty much every where he's gone and couldn't quite make the next step.

Tierney is quality. He's hardly old (18 or 19), and getting his reputation in front of big crowds and against serious opposition. For me he's less of a gamble than Sessegnon.
He's quality alright. With his talent he could play in midfield as well.
Poor man's Gareth Bale? Very mature for his age and plays like a German.

Last edited:
Apparently JJetset has said on twitter, regarding whether we'd be interested in Jay Rod

"We are aware of his cost, not really"

Just be warned. SSN will almost certainly use us to generate a story tomorrow but we won't do any business.

Hopefully aside from a funny Sissoko signing the club is more mature now in its dealings, we are hopefully beyond such knee jerk and January by definition cannot provide value, it's for desperation really

Won't stop some wankers on here crying their eyes out we haven't signed anyone though

How wonderful - and as a Spurs fan, different - to know if we sign somebody in any position it's exciting, but if we don't it's fine. I can't remember another time like this. Should probably make hay.

Back
Top Bottom