January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also GKN has 22 appearances for us already, enough time to at least show something
He’s had 3 starts in all competitions.
If you average his mins it’s not much .
He was a sub, and not an impact sub. A tactical sub.

16/17, 17/18 50 mins in the league 9 games (5 mins a game) 0 starts
CL 16/17 3 games 69 mins (23 mins a game)0 starts
CL 17/18 2 games 105mins ( 52 mins game) 1 start
EL 1 game 19 mins 0 starts
LC 16/17 113 mins 2 games (56 mins a games) 1 start
LC 17/18 30mins 2 games (15mins a game) 0 starts
FAC 16/17 75 mins 3 games ( 25mins a game) 1 start
FAC 17/18 11 mins 1 game ..0 starts

Real will go for Timo Werner, they were reportedly initially interested so makes sense... seems like clubs are finally realising they won’t get Kane. If the 200K is true, I honestly believe he’ll never leave!

Am I deluded?

No I think he's made it clear where his heart lies. The club are moving forward, first the training ground, then stadium, then manager, now in the squad. I believe Levy will up his wages to what is possible and he will be incentivised by performance bonuses... From the outside looking in he is living his dream. Why feck that up? For Tapas? Nah... He is halfway to becoming a legend. God forbid he had a bad injury or blip, what club are most likely to stick by him?

As we sing "he's one of ours"

FA Cup, top 4 and getting through the next round of the CL would be a pretty decent season that would set us up for moving into our new home...

I’d like us to move to a 4-3-3 by next season, I think we should facilitate that transition by being a fast creative CM.

We don't have the personnel for a 4-3-3. Son is the only winger we have.

No one else has speed or trickery. Lamela can probably play on the RW but it's not ideal.

We don't have the personnel for a 4-3-3. Son is the only winger we have.

No one else has speed or trickery. Lamela can probably play on the RW but it's not ideal.

With Alderweireld, Rose and Wanyama fit then our best formation is 3-4-2-1. It accommodates our best players. We need a creative centre mid to play alongside Wanyama. Winks is great, but injuries are getting to him. Denis Suarez or Gomes would be great. Tielemans would have been ideal but Monaco won’t have another summer like this one.

Sorry but gotta disagree...pretty much a nothing player IMO

He was brilliant at City in a 4-4-2 under Pellegrini.

I thought he would have struck up a good partnership with Vardy. The group of players who won the title at Leicester are a very close bunch by all accounts. When Ranieri tried to freshen things up by bringing in some faces, they kicked up a fuss and stopped playing for him. Gray has only recently become a regular after threatening to leave a few months ago.

Literally every signing they have made over the past 18 months (bar Ndidi), has struggled for game time. There is definitely some player power at the KC Stadium.

At 21, he still has time to do well elsewhere. He suits teams who play direct, which is why I was surprised he didn’t excel at Leicester.

I honestly think if we lost Kane to Madrid then that would be me done with my love for football. I have never ever felt something close to genuine love for another player than I do for Kane. If I were a 6 year old all over again then my bedroom would be a Kane shrine and I would want to be him in every way - wonky mouth and all. :love:

If he ever left I wouldn't be done with football but I would be disheartened/completely at a loss for a long time. It would rock my faith in my club to a degree which I have never experienced before. Whenever we have had genuine world class/top quality players before they have always been signed from elsewhere beforehand or not been fans of the club.

He has publicly stated that he could/would end his career here and I have no reason to doubt him. He loves the club and I think in all the time I have supported Spurs ( since the early 80's) I can't think of anyone that equals his ability coupled with his genuine love of the club and desire to want to win things here.

I genuinely think we are only at risk of losing him if we don't match his ambition.

Am I imagining it, or are the transfer rumours relating to us pretty noisy for a January window?

There are always some, even when Poch has said 'nothing will happen', but this has more of a summer window feel to it. Potentially exciting?

Also, on Iheanacho - was gutted when Leicester got him. If they're willing to offload for less than they bought him (and his form is poor enough for Man City to not bat an eyelid if we make a move) it could really be a coup.

If he ever left I wouldn't be done with football but I would be disheartened/completely at a loss for a long time. It would rock my faith in my club to a degree which I have never experienced before. Whenever we have had genuine world class/top quality players before they have always been signed from elsewhere beforehand or not been fans of the club.

He has publicly stated that he could/would end his career here and I have no reason to doubt him. He loves the club and I think in all the time I have supported Spurs ( since the early 80's) I can't think of anyone that equals his ability coupled with his genuine love of the club and desire to want to win things here.

I genuinely think we are only at risk of losing him if we don't match his ambition.

I can understand how you both feel. I'd hate to see him wearing the shirt of any other PL club. I could possibly stomach him playing for Real but only because they're the biggest club in the world and he wouldn't be guaranteed to play against us every season.

It would still hurt of course!

I'll take that bet. Let's make it a charity bet. £10 to a charity of your choosing. Mine will be the Cats Protection League. It's null and avoid if any major injuries to our attacking players happen, that aside, I say GKN will be replaced by a new signing, you say it will be Lamela, agreed?
There's one half of it sorted. Lamela is definitely going to be in the squad.

You can pay here...

https://www.mndassociation.org/get-...olved/fundraising/single-donation/?amount=£10

He was brilliant at City in a 4-4-2 under Pellegrini.

I thought he would have struck up a good partnership with Vardy. The group of players who won the title at Leicester are a very close bunch by all accounts. When Ranieri tried to freshen things up by bringing in some faces, they kicked up a fuss and stopped playing for him. Gray has only recently become a regular after threatening to leave a few months ago.

Literally every signing they have made over the past 18 months (bar Ndidi), has struggled for game time. There is definitely some player power at the KC Stadium.

At 21, he still has time to do well elsewhere. He suits teams who play direct, which is why I was surprised he didn’t excel at Leicester.
Sorry but I don't see it at all...would be disappointed if he joined tbh

No I think he's made it clear where his heart lies. The club are moving forward, first the training ground, then stadium, then manager, now in the squad. I believe Levy will up his wages to what is possible and he will be incentivised by performance bonuses... From the outside looking in he is living his dream. Why feck that up? For Tapas? Nah... He is halfway to becoming a legend. God forbid he had a bad injury or blip, what club are most likely to stick by him?

As we sing "he's one of ours"

FA Cup, top 4 and getting through the next round of the CL would be a pretty decent season that would set us up for moving into our new home...

:deledoubt:

Back
Top Bottom