January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What we lack is a deep lying playmaker, something we haven’t had since Modric. A Gundogan, Herrera, Fabregas type of player who can dictate play from centre mid. Gomes, Suarez or Kovacic is someone who’d add that to our team.

Also a pacey winger, but I think Poch will hold out till the summer to bring a winger. Sessengon I think will be signed this window.

Yeah it does look like hell, out there in the Catalan sunshine!! :pocheyes:

or Spanish sunshine..........don't want to offend anyone now.

Haha, mad separatists and baton-waving rozzers everywhere you look, can't swing a cat without it getting it caught in the flag of one side or the other, it's not all it's cracked up to be, trust me.

Better off having a light and bitter and a doner supper on the HIgh Road

:adethumbup:

Is Al Gore the US president? I think you're calling this a bit early. Let's wait till the end of the window to see who we bring in.
You might as well pay up, it was a ridiculous wager from your side. I get that you might not like/rate Lamela - I won't argue that point because it doesn't matter. Poch controls who is registered in the CL squad and he has shown, repeatedly, that he thinks very, very highly of Lamela. Lamela will absolutely, without a doubt, be registered for the CL squad.

Unless you think Poch is leaving this month, you made the mistake of betting with your heart and not your head.

Real Madrid and Tottenham are in advanced negotiations over the transfer of England striker Harry Kane, with the 24-year-old reportedly keen to wear the number 10 shirt for the La Liga side. (Diario Gol - in Spanish)

Bullshit
R5p9G94.gif

Back in the day a hack would have taken the opportunity to wheel out a Gomes in "Come and get me" plea or Gomes in "Rescue me from my Catalan hell" headline.

How standards have slipped.
They've got to save the hyperbole in case he signs for Spurs...don't want to be accused of recycling in 10 months.

"Gome(s) Gone Home - Midfielder stuns Spurs with transfer request"

You might as well pay up, it was a ridiculous wager from your side. I get that you might not like/rate Lamela - I won't argue that point because it doesn't matter. Poch controls who is registered in the CL squad and he has shown, repeatedly, that he thinks very, very highly of Lamela. Lamela will absolutely, without a doubt, be registered for the CL squad.

Unless you think Poch is leaving this month, you made the mistake of betting with your heart and not your head.

He rates him so highly that he's never given him a contract - the only player at the club not on a Poch contract. If he survives this window he'll definitely be gone in the Summer. He will never play in the new stadium for Spurs.

He rates him so highly that he's never given him a contract - the only player at the club not on a Poch contract. If he survives this window he'll definitely be gone in the Summer. He will never play in the new stadium for Spurs.
He's effusively praised him and discussed how important he is repeatedly. If you really think Lamela is leaving, I'm sorry but you're mistaken. Lamela will be in the squad for the first game in the new stadium, and it's entirely possible he starts. We'll see in September - I personally feel absolutely assured that both Lamela and Rose will be there.

First you said he'd never be seen in a Spurs shirt again. Then when that was blown out the water you said he'd never start in the League again. Now that's been blown out the water it's he'll never play in the new stadium. I wonder what Lamela won't do next..

First you said he'd never be seen in a Spurs shirt again. Then when that was blown out the water you said he'd never start in the League again. Now that's been blown out the water it's he'll never play in the new stadium. I wonder what Lamela won't do next..

Lamela won't score a hattrick away against Juve

:avbpray:

Just had a very interesting chat with a well connected friend here in Thailand .... he told me that Everton are looking to take legal action (if possible) against Chelsea .... it appears they have evidence that Chelsea offered Barkley a substantially higher salary IF he completed his rehab at Everton, with Everton paying his salary, and then signed for them at a reduced price when Everton were forced to sell in January ....

This makes a lot of sense ... the 15m was a throw away number any EPL side could pay it ... the 140k salary was what got him to Chelsea ... 5 years at 140k is 35m add the 15m and that's a 50m cost ... that's not bad for five years football from a 24 year old .... Everton were well and truly screwed over .......

The problem they face is what have Chelsea done that's illegal? immoral sure but probably not illegal .....

Back
Top Bottom