January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just had a very interesting chat with a well connected friend here in Thailand .... he told me that Everton are looking to take legal action (if possible) against Chelsea .... it appears they have evidence that Chelsea offered Barkley a substantially higher salary IF he completed his rehab at Everton, with Everton paying his salary, and then signed for them at a reduced price when Everton were forced to sell in January ....

This makes a lot of sense ... the 15m was a throw away number any EPL side could pay it ... the 140k salary was what got him to Chelsea ... 5 years at 140k is 35m add the 15m and that's a 50m cost ... that's not bad for five years football from a 24 year old .... Everton were well and truly screwed over .......

The problem they face is what have Chelsea done that's illegal? immoral sure but probably not illegal .....
Seen somewhere that it was 15m to Everton and also paid 7m in agent fees

His cup runneth over....

Who: Hercules
When: 08/01/18
Where: SC

Gomes and Suarez doing media rounds now. We were interested in a loan in the summer, with a view to transfer if successful. Barca wanted us to become obligated at circa 40m at the end of loan, and we were not keen on that. We inquired about Suarez very early on, but ‘no can do’ at the time.

I don’t believe there will be any movement this window, unless one of our targets becomes available for now.

Way things are, not going to be giving out names, more than I have already. But expect a big surprise signing in the summer of all goes to plan from abroad. No hints, so don’t ask for any please
icon_e_wink.gif

Bale & Modric can be buried now, as won't happen!
RM were doing their usual to get us to bait with HK. They are blatantly subtle (not) in the spin doctors they use to get information out.

it's Messi isn't it?

To think some of those deluded cunts believe this fucking excuse of a fan.

His cup runneth over....

it's Messi isn't it?

To think some of those deluded cunts believe this fucking excuse of a fan.
He's probably the biggest cunt on there. The guy just spouts utter, utter bullshit all the time. Seems like he has contacts in every fucking club in the world, considering how fast he shoots down rumours every times we're linked with anyone

The Barkley thing does smell a bit dodgy now..... and I was openly laughing at the Mayor of Liverpool asking the Police and the FA to open an investigation into Fraud...

Although Everton have gone on record to state there was no issues anywhere.

He's probably the biggest cunt on there. The guy just spouts utter, utter bullshit all the time. Seems like he has contacts in every fucking club in the world, considering how fast he shoots down rumours every times we're linked with anyone

He has actually stated names though, which is impressive rather than vague hints ,so at least he can be held acountable when it all turns out to be completely bollocks

Just had a very interesting chat with a well connected friend here in Thailand .... he told me that Everton are looking to take legal action (if possible) against Chelsea .... it appears they have evidence that Chelsea offered Barkley a substantially higher salary IF he completed his rehab at Everton, with Everton paying his salary, and then signed for them at a reduced price when Everton were forced to sell in January ....

This makes a lot of sense ... the 15m was a throw away number any EPL side could pay it ... the 140k salary was what got him to Chelsea ... 5 years at 140k is 35m add the 15m and that's a 50m cost ... that's not bad for five years football from a 24 year old .... Everton were well and truly screwed over .......

The problem they face is what have Chelsea done that's illegal? immoral sure but probably not illegal .....
If true, I can't see that Everton have a leg to stand on. Yes might be immoral from Chelsea but its what any other club would have done.

If Koeman hadn't priced him so high last summer (when in his last year and injured) then they may have got more for him then. I know Chelsea were going to pay it before Barkley said no )for whatever reason) but if it had been more realistic then they may have felt they should get it done there and then.

Can't believe I am defending Chelsea :pochfacepalm:

The Barkley thing does smell a bit dodgy now..... and I was openly laughing at the Mayor of Liverpool asking the Police and the FA to open an investigation into Fraud...

Although Everton have gone on record to state there was no issues anywhere.
Its a bit like La Liga complaining about PSG and their dodgy signing of Neymar last summer.

When the boot is on the other foot.......

Back
Top Bottom