January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't know .... probably only a very few people do .... above my boy's pay-grade

Might all be ITK bollocks but there's certainly something going on with Eriksen ... let's hope it gets a new contract signed instead ....
So your boy's paygrade is at a sufficiently high level to know of a ''person-to-person telephone offer'' and be trusted with that information. But not of sufficient high level to know which club and how much.

200.gif

As much as Llorente doesn’t suit our style of play at all, the last 2 or 3 times he’s been brought on as a plan b with 10 minutes to go has directly led to goals. Probably worth keeping him until the end of the season if he’s willing to stay for an extra few months

Yea, exactly.
I see point having him around, but I see no point of replacing him with weaker version of Son.

And still - there are WAY more important positions (CM ! ! ! ) to deal in the window!

So your boy's paygrade is at a sufficiently high level to know of a ''person-to-person telephone offer'' and be trusted with that information. But not of sufficient high level to know which club and how much.

Yup .... and as I said high level rumour .... so make of it what you will ....

Funny how you guys dismiss anything you read that you (probably) know nothing about .... take it at face value it's just a rumour ..... don't get so feckin' upset about it ......

Might happen, might not, just something I was told over a X-mas phone call .... believe it or not .....

If you have better sources let us know ..........................

We've been approached with a 'telephone number' offer for Eriksen this January, it's a person-to-person offer and will only be made official if we indicate that we will consider it .... all sorts of rumors flying around at a very high level .... cash, player exchange, loan back? .... Poch is aware no idea what his views are ....
Sounds very much like "anything that can or might happen I'll end up claiming credit for".

Eriksen won't be leaving in January, regardless of the deal.

He will be off in the summer though unless he signs that bloody new deal. So I hope if it isn't clear he's signing a new deal by April or so, then Poch has his best scouts on the job.

We wont be able to replace Eriksen like-for-like as there isn't many out there affordable like him, who work as hard as him, run as much as he does and creates like he does but I am comfortable with Poch in charge that we can adapt our style of play and move on without him in the same way Liverpool have with Coutinho and the same way many other teams have adapted when losing a key player.

200.gif
True story

I was in Copenhagen last week & ended up in the spurs supporters bar over there (Langebro)

Anyway, I was talking to a chap and his wife who knew some relative of Eriksen’s (we think he’s a God, the Danes absolutely idolise him)

He is dead happy and settled in London and not money motivated. He is a very rich lad, with a good financial head in his shoulders apparently. He wants to win trophies, because he won’t win anything with Denmark, barring a miracle.

There is no “stumbling block” over the contract. He is a savvy operator (I think we all guessed that) and keeping his options open. He knows his next contract is an eye watering one, wherever he plays his football.

Take it or leave it. We were all pissed as arseholes after the dismantling of the Gooners.

But he’s not unhappy at spurs, nor the contract situation according to someone who apparently knows an auntie/uncle/other in his family very well.

I did see however that we are looking to sign an 18 year old right back from Norwich for £15,000,000.

Max Aarons?

Anyone seen him before? Norwich are on the form of their life down in the Championship but I haven't seen them much at all this season so not really noticed him but Pochettino does love a full back and that's a handsome sum for an 18 year old.

Eriksen isn't the kind of player/person to leave in January, he might leave in the summer though if he thinks it's the right time to join an elite club like Barcelona (wouldn't really blame him), but I'm still hoping he will sign a new deal.. I think it's 50/50 now.

Sounds very much like "anything that can or might happen I'll end up claiming credit for".

That's pretty much true of all rumors ... put out enough and you will get the odd one right ... I do try and only post what I'm told is 'reliable' information .... that's proven wrong a few times but not because it wasn't correct at the time, as with the stadium stuff, but because things changed over which the club had no control ....

FYI - On the stadium nothing much is happening, MACE are running some tests but the certification teams are mostly off until the 2nd ..... the hope is for a 'big' announcement after the project meeting on the 4th but again that's not under the club's control ...

Eriksen isn't the kind of player/person to leave in January, he might leave in the summer though if he thinks it's the right time to join an elite club like Barcelona (wouldn't really blame him), but I'm still hoping he will sign a new deal.. I think it's 50/50 now.
From what I heard, it’s exactly that. He is an elite player & a pretty clever guy. A pretty clever, elite player will keep his options open and not drop his pants until he knows he’s pulled.

I did see however that we are looking to sign an 18 year old right back from Norwich for £15,000,000.

Max Aarons?

Anyone seen him before? Norwich are on the form of their life down in the Championship but I haven't seen them much at all this season so not really noticed him but Pochettino does love a full back and that's a handsome sum for an 18 year old.
My gf's family are Norwich-based so I've been keeping vague tabs on them this season (certainly a surprise that they're doing so well right now!) but zero clue on Max Aarons.

Then again, Maddison certainly wasn't a bad purchase from Norwich this summer, was he?

Yup .... and as I said high level rumour .... so make of it what you will ....

Funny how you guys dismiss anything you read that you (probably) know nothing about .... take it at face value it's just a rumour ..... don't get so feckin' upset about it ......

Might happen, might not, just something I was told over a X-mas phone call .... believe it or not .....

If you have better sources let us know ..........................
We dismiss it because everything else you've posted claiming to be ITK has been proven false.

Eriksen won't be leaving in January, regardless of the deal.

He will be off in the summer though unless he signs that bloody new deal. So I hope if it isn't clear he's signing a new deal by April or so, then Poch has his best scouts on the job.

We wont be able to replace Eriksen like-for-like as there isn't many out there affordable like him, who work as hard as him, run as much as he does and creates like he does but I am comfortable with Poch in charge that we can adapt our style of play and move on without him in the same way Liverpool have with Coutinho and the same way many other teams have adapted when losing a key player.

Eriksen much harder to replace than Coutinho

Him signing a new deal would be better than any transfer

My gf's family are Norwich-based so I've been keeping vague tabs on them this season (certainly a surprise that they're doing so well right now!) but zero clue on Max Aarons.

Then again, Maddison certainly wasn't a bad purchase from Norwich this summer, was he?

Just a quick few searches of his name on Twitter brings up some very positive stuff.

A lot of Norwich fans saying he's the best player they've had in years. I imagine they mean youth product. Also saw a stat that showed that no teenager in the Championship has had a hand in more goals than Aarons this season. He has 2 goals and 3 assists which is pretty impressive for an 18 year old right back playing for a team that's top of the Championship.

Might have to start speaking to your girlfriends family mate and get a better opinion ;)

Wonder if this could potentially be a new Dele on our hands here - sign in January, loan back to Norwich to eventual promotion. Then perhaps loan him back in the Premier League if they come up etc.

We've been approached with a 'telephone number' offer for Eriksen this January, it's a person-to-person offer and will only be made official if we indicate that we will consider it .... all sorts of rumors flying around at a very high level .... cash, player exchange, loan back? .... Poch is aware no idea what his views are ....
Loan back?! So some cunt is going to break the transfer record for Eriksen (plausible) and then loan him back to us (implausible)?

Apart from that bit, I see no reason why the biggest clubs wouldn't be looking at him. He's the dog's

Back
Top Bottom