January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've been approached with a 'telephone number' offer for Eriksen this January, it's a person-to-person offer and will only be made official if we indicate that we will consider it .... all sorts of rumors flying around at a very high level .... cash, player exchange, loan back? .... Poch is aware no idea what his views are ....
I'm not going to tell you to quit smoking Yaba because I know addiction is a serious thing. Just try to cut back on it a little. You're losing what's left of your tiny little mind

Loan back?! So some cunt is going to break the transfer record for Eriksen (plausible) and then loan him back to us (implausible)?

Apart from that bit, I see no reason why the biggest clubs wouldn't be looking at him. He's the dog's

Depends on how keen they are on securing his signature .... if Barca were to pre-sign him for 150m in January, but leave him at Spurs until June, that would work for both sides .... the same would apply if for example Eriksen was lined up to replace Modric at RM next year ...

Eriksen can only play CL for Spurs so why would a top CL club pay 6 months extra salary when they can leave him where he is and just pre-sign for June?

This is all pure guesswork on my part but certainly not beyond the realms of possibility .... the 'tactic' of securing players in January to move them in the summer is becoming more and more prevalent .... if you have the money this tactic squeezes out the smaller clubs from the transfer market even more .....

Would love to see us line up some summer signings this January ... that certainly worked out well for the Dippers last year ....

Depends on how keen they are on securing his signature .... if Barca were to pre-sign him for 150m in January, but leave him at Spurs until June, that would work for both sides .... the same would apply if for example Eriksen was lined up to replace Modric at RM next year ...

Eriksen can only play CL for Spurs so why would a top CL club pay 6 months extra salary when they can leave him where he is and just pre-sign for June?

This is all pure guesswork on my part but certainly not beyond the realms of possibility .... the 'tactic' of securing players in January to move them in the summer is becoming more and more prevalent .... if you have the money this tactic squeezes out the smaller clubs from the transfer market even more .....

Would love to see us line up some summer signings this January ... that certainly worked out well for the Dippers last year ....

Stop using so many ellipses. It's off-putting.

This is incorrect...

Is it? Wouldn't 44.02 both a. and b. apply? that was my take but I might be reading it wrong

Here are the relevant extracts from the official competition regulations:

• 44.01 For all matches from the start of the round of 16, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2018 (24.00CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.
  • 44.02 One player from the above quota of three who has been fielded in a UEFA club competition group stage match for another club in the current season may exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:
  • a. in the same competition for another club; or
  • b. for another club that is currently in the same competition.
All you need to know: Champions League squad changes

We've been approached with a 'telephone number' offer for Eriksen this January, it's a person-to-person offer and will only be made official if we indicate that we will consider it .... all sorts of rumors flying around at a very high level .... cash, player exchange, loan back? .... Poch is aware no idea what his views are ....
Stick to ladyboys you utter waste of oxygen. Attention seeking old prick

The stadium is not ready yet so I doubt very much Levy will be in spending mood.

Isco is available apparently and if £50m and reasonable wages then it will be a good buy.

£50m! club won't pay that.
Isco signed a new deal so his wages a much higher now. I hear Asensio is the new Isco as far as transfer rumours go - younger too. But he’s not the player we need, imv

Last edited:
Miss-use of the word ellipsis .... but I get your point
No it isn't you stupid cunt, 'ellipsis' is singular, 'ellipses' plural. You can't get through a sentence without at least two of them so it has to be plural.

el·lip·sis
/əˈlipsis/
noun
plural noun: ellipses
  1. the omission from speech or writing of a word or words that are superfluous or able to be understood from contextual clues.
    • a set of dots indicating an ellipsis

Is it? Wouldn't 44.02 both a. and b. apply? that was my take but I might be reading it wrong

Here are the relevant extracts from the official competition regulations:

• 44.01 For all matches from the start of the round of 16, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2018 (24.00CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.
  • 44.02 One player from the above quota of three who has been fielded in a UEFA club competition group stage match for another club in the current season may exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:
  • a. in the same competition for another club; or
  • b. for another club that is currently in the same competition.
All you need to know: Champions League squad changes
European 'cup-tied' rule abolished: What does it mean?

Thanks for straightening that out, I completely missed that rules update. So any player can now play for any CL club regardless of previous CL matches this season, that could make the January window a lot more interesting

If United had stuck with Mourinho we could have seen Pogba playing against him in the last 16, doubt he will be off now though.

Back
Top Bottom