January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

anigif_enhanced-30727-1481910161-2.gif
Perhaps it should be a parable in the bible
It's not what you ask for but what you actually receive that counts.

You believe what the player says cos it suits you.... We're only talking about this cos you were using it as a stick to bash Levy with... I don't even think you genuinely believe Hazard wasn't on such a wage.
Are you an idiot? Why would the player who has since joined the other club say anything favourable about the club he didn't join...especially if the club's are rivals? He is obviously saying it because he meant it. Jesus.

Are you an idiot? Why would the player who has since joined the other club say anything favourable about the club he didn't join...especially if the club's are rivals? He is obviously saying it because he meant it. Jesus.

Get some reading lessons and resume at a later date... :sigh:

Winks - Good. Gonna be great
Dier - Love him.
Skipp - Looks the bollocks
Sissoko - Hench! ...And back soon too.

Could do with another body, but of what style, not sure based on what Poch's bigger plans are for that area of the pitch i.e. (2 or 3 men)

Chill. He does. :allitongue:

I wish I had your optimism. From my viewpoint:
Winks - was superb before his injury but seems to have fallen off a bit - if he can regain that form we have a real player
Dier - all bark and no bite
Skipp - really hasn't impressed me but could have potential
Sissoko - our best CM this season, been fantastic

Bottom line is they aren't good enough to be our only centre mids even if they weren't injured.

& does he? or does he have absolutely no alternative? I don't see anyone else he could play

I definitely see Van Dijk as a gamble for the money he cost them and give kudos for Klopp or whoever made the decision. He knew who he wanted and went full blooded on him. Only 11 players in football have ever cost more so the gamble he ends up so so could easily have left egg on Klopps face.

Mane would probably get into any team in the world bar 2 or 3 of them in my opinion. I think he's got danger writtennall over him and whilst we were in the hunt for him, taking him from Southampton to become a bit of a superstar, especially with the work he did prior to Salah joining I definitely think he has to be classed as a success. Signed for c£35m pre Neymar to be worth nearly £100m more than that according to the CIES and into the top 14 most valuable players definitely gets a pat on the back from me.

I'm not saying they aren't successful signings, just questioning the amount of managerial genius required to make them. I staunchly maintain Mane/VVD were low-risk (Mane less so maybe).... Let's also not forget they nearly didn't get VVD at all cos they ballsed up their tapping-up job the window before that...

Robertson is another that I really am impressed with, along with Wijnaldum who would probably do a great job in our CM if I'm being honest.

The young defenders are his biggest triumph IMO. Even Wijnaldum cost over £20m (again pre-Neymar).

Klopp has spent some ridiculous money but to get them genuinely challenging when you've got a team as good as City in the league at the moment is a success. I wouldn't swap Pochettino for him but I do think Klopp has made some important decisions for them and not many have backfired

Taking 3 years (inc. 1 year too late) to sort your keeper out backfired rather spectacularly, no?

:sonlol:

He's obviously a decent manager... Routed in very simple tactics and excellent motivational skills.

Last edited:
I wish I had your optimism. From my viewpoint:
Winks - was superb before his injury but seems to have fallen off a bit - if he can regain that form we have a real player
Dier - all bark and no bite
Skipp - really hasn't impressed me but could have potential
Sissoko - our best CM this season, been fantastic

Bottom line is they aren't good enough to be our only centre mids even if they weren't injured.

We've got to 3rd in the league and CL last 16 with them.... Perhaps you're mistaken?

Winks: Previously deployed as forward thinking box-2-box. Currently playing, deeper defensive, controlling role.
Skipp: Calm beyond his years, a few strong tackles already, confident on the ball....What exactly do you expect to see from a kid with 2 senior appearances playing an understated DM role?
Dier: LOL.... Diers got "bite" don't you worry.

& does he? or does he have absolutely no alternative? I don't see anyone else he could play

You don't?

You really don't?

...Even though both Dele & Eriksen have played in CM this season?

...In turn, is it any clearer as a result, why we might be shopping for AMs rather than CMs instead?

We need a CDM, CM or ST. Not a RW.

Love the way peeps are storming this thread all day thinking "yeh, I got it sussed; I'll bring the wisdom" without evidently really thinking at any real depth or reading any comments that came before.

Pick a page.... Any page from today... It'll be explained to you.... 20 times.... With scathing sarcasm if required.

Back
Top Bottom