January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

anigif_enhanced-30727-1481910161-2.gif
The only surprise is that they managed to get past the stick you keep up there

Or a Ginola , Ardilles , Gazza, Villa,

What could go wrong .

But I said Rebrov was the flip side to that

Not “Spurs have never signed a good player”

What I will say is this though, for all you Levy stuff, who signed all the players you idolise now?

Point being, some have become mega stars and some failed. There is no guarantee that the players you want, will actually make it here at Spurs.

As with Soldado and Janssen, what difference did it make to us in the end they scored a combined 70 goals the season prior to us signing them?
Nothing.

If Rossi comes and scores goals here, I couldn’t give a toss if he was shit somewhere else once.

You've lost your mind. Redknapp asked for Samba...Cahill...Remy and he openly stated it numerous times being the big mouth gobshite that he is.
Redknapp was a lieing sack of shit that claimed he didn't think about the England job when he was at spurs.until he put in his book that he was thinking of asking Rodgers to be his assistant. Whilst we were playing Swansea.

On Malcom in general... I actually think it could be a great idea to sign him.

We're in limbo between the big boys' table and the rest, and sometimes we have to be willing to eat the scraps when one of their high profile signings falls flat. Obviously, he's speedy, but I like the creative side of his game (if those highlight reels are to be believed). As others may have suggested, a signing like Malcom would in itself help boost the CM if players like Dele or Eriksen can be played deeper with him in a three behind Kane. He's also only 21, and it'd be genuinely exciting to see what Poch could get out of him.

Even on the weird transfer sketchyness between his former club, Roma, and Barca, I get the impression that was driven more by Bordeaux fancying the higher transfer fee than Willian levels of shithousery by the lad himself. Also, none of us would likely complain if we were suddenly told we were actually going to Barcelona rather than Roma.

One potentially big negative to take from this, however, is that we may be seeing Poch demonstrate a disappointment with Lucas after having a year to assess him. I got the feeling that we didn't bother trying for Malcom in the summer because of getting Lucas in January (though I could be very wrong).

But I said Rebrov was the flip side to that

Not “Spurs have never signed a good player”

What I will say is this though, for all you Levy stuff, who signed all the players you idolise now?

Point being, some have become mega stars and some failed. There is no guarantee that the players you want, will actually make it here at Spurs.

As with Soldado and Janssen, what difference did it make to us in the end they scored a combined 70 goals the season prior to us signing them?
Nothing.

If Rossi comes and scores goals here, I couldn’t give a toss if he was shit somewhere else once.

Granted and very much agree but the best we can do? What does it suggest? To me that the manager and his scouts are no closer to finding a proper Kane option.

Redknapp was a lieing sack of shit that claimed he didn't think about the England job when he was at spurs.until he put in his book that he was thinking of asking Rodgers to be his assistant. Whilst we were playing Swansea.

That's a fucking good point actually....

"Redknapp said..."

:dembelelol:

I'm not saying they aren't successful signings, just questioning the amount of managerial genius required to make them. I staunchly maintain Mane/VVD were low-risk (Mane less so maybe).... Let's also not forget they nearly didn't get VVD cos they ballsed up their tapping-up job the window before that...

The young defenders are his biggest triumph IMO. Even Wijnaldum cost over £20m (again pre-Neymar).

Taking 3 years (inc. 1 year too late) to sort your keeper out backfired rather spectacularly, no?

:sonlol:

He's obviously a decent manager... Routed in very simple tactics and excellent motivational skills.

I agree that there are very few that were unknown gems and there's definitely been a few balls ups, especially in the GK department but when they lost Coutinho many thought they would take a step back. Instead they've gone the other way, lumped their money on good quality and would give any team a run for their money in both the Prem & Champions League.

I don't think he's shown guile in the market but most of his big signings have turned out pretty well. The jury is still out on Keita but I can see why he's signed him, along with Fabinho but I make you right, simple tactics and excellent motivational skills sum up Klopp down to a tee

On Malcom in general... I actually think it could be a great idea to sign him.

We're in limbo between the big boys' table and the rest, and sometimes we have to be willing to eat the scraps when one of their high profile signings falls flat. Obviously, he's speedy, but I like the creative side of his game (if those highlight reels are to be believed). As others may have suggested, a signing like Malcom would in itself help boost the CM if players like Dele or Eriksen can be played deeper with him in a three behind Kane. He's also only 21, and it'd be genuinely exciting to see what Poch could get out of him.

Even on the weird transfer sketchyness between his former club, Roma, and Barca, I get the impression that was driven more by Bordeaux fancying the higher transfer fee than Willian levels of shithousery by the lad himself. Also, none of us would likely complain if we were suddenly told we were actually going to Barcelona rather than Roma.

One potentially big negative to take from this, however, is that we may be seeing Poch demonstrate a disappointment with Lucas after having a year to assess him. I got the feeling that we didn't bother trying for Malcom in the summer because of getting Lucas in January (though I could be very wrong).

It's been known before....

RafaelvanderVaart.jpg

...Just curious what Barca don't see in him so soon after making an effort to stiff Roma (Seems quick to bin him off).

Back
Top Bottom