January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes - he does

6a00d83467970453ef01a3fce97b8e970b-pi

Do you really want us to spend 70m on Callum Wilson?

Id welcome the signing if the club deemed it fit.

On the flip side, what would you do? Slag off the club for backing the manager now?

Or claim that Poch didnt want Wilson and Levy, the guy not willing to spend big on players and back the manager......... is now spending big, above the managers head?

Probably, thats about the general level of logic around here

I think the club know what type of player they need.
and I hope they understand that the fans need to see something happen.

We need to do things on the basis of what's right for the club, not simply to give fans a multi-million pound fuzzy feeling that will last for all of 5 minutes.

I just think we’re a club that doesn’t give a shit when “twitter erupts”.
They probably look at the transfer activity under Poch, and know that the fans basically talk a lot of reactionary garbage, and feel little need to placate it.

Signed under Poch:

14/15
Davies
Fazio
Dele
Stambouli
Vorm
Dier
Yedlin
48M spent

15/16
Son
Toby
Njie
Wimmer
Trippier
71M spent

16/17
Sissoko
Janssen
Wanyama
Nkoudo
84M spent

17/18
Sanchez
Moura
Aurier
Llorente
Foyth
121M spent

18/19
No signings (so far)

Total spent on 21 signings: 324M

Now lets look at the successes, as in those still here who have contributed heavily in the last 4 years:
Davies, Dele, Vorm, Son, Toby, Trippier, Sissoko, Wanyama, Sanchez, Aurier, Moura, Foyth
Twelve successful signings

Then there are those who played their part, didnt make the cut, and moved on (or should be)
Yedlin, Fazio, Wimmer, Llorente
4 signings

Then the flops:
Nkoudou, Janssen, Njie, Stambouli
4 signings

In that time we lost one key player: Walker, which we recieved 50M for and spent on Aurier and Moura, basically.

So while now is a time to cover the loss of Kane and Dembele, I just dont think the club give a toss for the fake hyperbolic assertions of a large number of our fanbase, because the facts of our transfer activity is clearly listed above.
Coupled with the new stadium, and the fact we have gone from Europa league to consistent top 3 and outside title challengers in that period, I understand that the powers that be see this as a time of progression, and just because "sammyspurs" wants a striker, or "notabadsquad" thinks Poch will leave, its not a reason for THFC to act.

...And long may it continue.

I just think we’re a club that doesn’t give a shit when “twitter erupts”.
They probably look at the transfer activity under Poch, and know that the fans basically talk a lot of reactionary garbage, and feel little need to placate it.
Signed under Poch:

14/15
Davies
Fazio
Dele
Stambouli
Vorm
Dier
Yedlin
48M spent

15/16
Son
Toby
Njie
Wimmer
Trippier
71M spent

16/17
Sissoko
Janssen
Wanyama
Nkoudo
84M spent

17/18
Sanchez
Moura
Aurier
Llorente
Foyth
121M spent

18/19
No signings (so far)

Total spent on 21 signings: 324M

Now lets look at the successes, as in those still here who have contributed heavily in the last 4 years:
Davies, Dele, Vorm, Son, Toby, Trippier, Sissoko, Wanyama, Sanchez, Aurier, Moura, Foyth
Twelve successful signings

Then there are those who played their part, didnt make the cut, and moved on (or should be)
Yedlin, Fazio, Wimmer, Llorente
4 signings

Then the flops:
Nkoudou, Janssen, Njie, Stambouli
4 signings

In that time we lost one key player: Walker, which we recieved 50M for and spent on Aurier and Moura, basically.

So while now is a time to cover the loss of Kane and Dembele, I just dont think the club give a toss for the fake hyperbolic assertions of a large number of our fanbase, because the facts of our transfer activity is clearly listed above.
Coupled with the new stadium, and the fact we have gone from Europa league to consistent top 3 and outside title challengers in that period, I understand that the powers that be see this as a time of progression, and just because "sammyspurs" wants a striker, or "notabadsquad" thinks Poch will leave, its not a reason for THFC to act.
Actually 13 successes, you missed Dier.

Back
Top Bottom