January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As in the race to finish in the top 4, not as in the win the league although I do think Liverpool with also drop points. We beat Watford tomorrow and Newcastle at the weekend then we are still in the driving seat, United (not tonight as they dropped two points) if we are in no cup competition we need to focus on the top 4. Won't be as easy as previous seasons
Great first posts Craig. The forum could do with a few more reasoned views such as yours.

A word about your avatar though. It's really cute and all that, but I cant help get the image of SPURSDEM & airfixx out of my mind .

Yes he's already a Spurs player. Out injured until March 2022 though.

March 22 2022
Andy Carroll back in training with Spurs after another injury nightmare

AZo98g8.jpg

Last edited:
Get wan bissaka, neves & soler. Or failing that sell wanyama next January.

Wan-Bissaka will go for Kyle Walker level prices. We aren't spending that much on any full back.

On the Soler signing though. Great technique. Works hard. £30,00,000 is a bargain. Think I'd prefer Berge to Neves, just due to price.

Wan-Bissaka will go for Kyle Walker level prices. We aren't spending that much on any full back.

On the Soler signing though. Great technique. Works hard. £30,00,000 is a bargain. Think I'd prefer Berge to Neves, just due to price.

Soler, Fornals, Berge, Rabiot (one can dream), Clarke, Wan-Bissaka (you never know), Sessegnon if they get relegated, Joachim Andersen there's plenty of young talent at clubs we can pinch players from but at the moment, until we shift a few of the nonHG boys taking up much needed space we can afford to wait a little while longer.

Personally I can see question marks over Aurier, Trippier, Alderweireld, Wanyama, Lamela & Eriksen for different reasons at present and clearly Vorm, Llorente & Alderweireld will go so there's a lot of room to manoeuvre if need be.

It'll be a testing time yet with a spine of Sanchez, Foyth, Winks, Dele, Son & Kane to mould our long term future around I can only see positive things for where we are heading.

Eriksen opting to stay would be massive and whilst I do think Pochettino has a lot to try and work out this summer, getting Berge & Joachim Andersen in, players of that quality would be great for the team as we drift out of the Belgian-esque phase of the club. We'll spend, anyone that doesn't see the 3-5 places we need to replace in the summer to keep that Champions League money rolling in need a new set of lenses but until then the squad will manage to achieve what its main objectives were at the start of the season IMO

So is it Poch that doesn’t want to buy or Levy?
Levy has actually spunked a lot of cash now and again, Sanchez, Sissoko, Lucas. I actually think it's Poch that is picky. That worries me some. I think he is among the best to make players grow and develop. I'm just not convinced in his ability to spot talent that he can mould. Foyth, Sissoko, Dele, Son - yes, Sanchez, Aurier- the jury is still out, the N'guys, Janssen, Lucas - No

Yellow ticker - Breaking News.

Sky sports News 2021.

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club have agreed to discuss the possibility of signing a player in 2022 with an unnamed Conference side.

The sticking point is the payment of the 20 thousand pound transfer fee.

Levy has actually spunked a lot of cash now and again, Sanchez, Sissoko, Lucas. I actually think it's Poch that is picky. That worries me some. I think he is among the best to make players grow and develop. I'm just not convinced in his ability to spot talent that he can mould. Foyth, Sissoko, Dele, Son - yes, Sanchez, Aurier- the jury is still out, the N'guys, Janssen, Lucas - No
Lucas has proven himself as an incredibly useful back up. Exactly the sort of player you need in the squad. He is a bit lightweight though. I am hoping he will improve his strength and adapt to this league.

Back
Top Bottom