January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My only problem with those comments is, as true as they are, it’s a bit defeatist. When Eriksen hears that he thinks ‘well I’m the best, so maybe I have to go someplace else’. And any potential target will think, ‘so I’m a bit of a shit stop gap am I?’

It makes us sound a bit pathetic. I want him to talk us up a bit more.
Or at least be willing to buy some young talent and shape them into stars ourselves.

Doesn't feel like we're actually looking to do that anymore. I liked that model a lot.

Mike Ashley spending money before we do?

Troy-Community-Okay-Now-Im-Really-Mad.gif
But we don't need to spend we have all we need for everything at the club spending is for wimps.
:levylol::levyeyes:

I understand exactly what your saying.

You think me saying GKN, Llorente and Janssen should have been integrated or sold is arrogant.

Because I berate people who claim to know what goes on behind the scenes.

But, my opinion has zero to do with behind the scenes and I’m not claiming to know anything. It’s irelevant to what I’m saying.

You think we should sign players and mug people off who don’t.
So by your own argument you’re an arrogant twat because you don’t know anything about what’s going on behind the scenes.

See how it works
I'm not going to bother. At least this transfer window will be over soon

Or at least be willing to buy some young talent and shape them into stars ourselves.

Doesn't feel like we're actually looking to do that anymore. I liked that model a lot.

In Poch’s defence, he was probably responding to a specific question and his English muddled the point.

It’s more the general *media narrative* that we’re not an attractive club (which comments like that can be spun to reinforce). We’re one of the best clubs in World football in a great city with an incredible stadium.

Let’s talk ourselves up more.

I have a question. First off, I’m no Levy apologist, but I am realistic about the impact the stadium is having so can understand that the purse strings have to be controlled somewhat.

However, if there is no money for big transfers, why can’t we get loans like these other cunts are doing? Higuain, possibly Suarez (not that one) and/or Perisic to the gooners. Chelsea also got Kovacic. Why aren’t loans an option for us? At least one given we freed up Mousa’s spot.

I have a question. First off, I’m no Levy apologist, but I am realistic about the impact the stadium is having so can understand that the purse strings have to be controlled somewhat.

However, if there is no money for big transfers, why can’t we get loans like these other cunts are doing? Higuain, possibly Suarez (not that one) and/or Perisic to the gooners. Chelsea also got Kovacic. Why aren’t loans an option for us? At least one given we freed up Mousa’s spot.
Good point. But I'd hate to see Higuain or Perisic here.

Back
Top Bottom