January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way we will spend money in January will be if we are in or near the relegation places

And that will be useless panic buys no doubt

People need to temper their expectations of 3-5 players coming in.

You're not going to find that many clubs willing to let players go, of the requisite quality, in January.

You're basically expecting other clubs to sacrifice their seasons. So you're looking for clubs who have great players, yet have already fucked their season by January and, like us, looking for a rebuild.

We will get, at best, 2 players.

Replying to myself like a fucking mental, but had a look at expiring contracts in the summer....

Cavani
Meunier
Nacho
Savic
Goetze
Mertens
Matuidi
Modric
Banega

I’m sure almost all of these would improve our first eleven and our winning mentality. Question marks over Savic and Nacho maybe.
Modric is done at the top level.

:troll:

For real doe, would take Savic to replace Toby and Matuidi to replace Wanyama.

EDIT - Hold up, is that Milinkovic-Savic?!

Last edited:

You're not going to find that many clubs willing to let players go, of the requisite quality, in January.

You're basically expecting other clubs to sacrifice their seasons. So you're looking for clubs who have great players, yet have already fucked their season by January and, like us, looking for a rebuild.

I'd settle for buying players in January but loaning them back until the Summer.

Anything to get summer business done earlier as possible.

BEHOLD....six new Spurs players. ABRADACABRA!!

giphy.gif

And being realistic, no players.

What about jack butland for new keeper? English and all. Used to be a great prospect just a year ago but I don’t follow the championship
I'll assume you're not taking the piss.... he's having the worst year of his life, absolute horror show performances pretty much weekly and making insane errors every game.

Not even good enough for Stoke at the moment... and they're bottom of the table.

I'll assume you're not taking the piss.... he's having the worst year of his life, absolute horror show performances pretty much weekly and making insane errors every game.

Not even good enough for Stoke at the moment... and they're bottom of the table.

Sad to hear. He looked promising as a youngster.

But i guess this is what happens when you grow up watching Joe Hart and Robert Green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom