January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way he leaves in January, but Peter Gulasci is the one we should be looking at if we want a ready made upgrade on Hugo.

In my opinion the best goalkeeper in the top 5 leagues right now.

But Nübel is looking very promising and we should make an approach in January.

Remember the talk 50 years ago, January 1970, Spurs after Peter Cormack, later went to Liverpool. Spurs signed Martin Peters in the March, cash plus Jimmy Greaves in exchange.

EGY7WZfWwAAQEf1

January and next summer. So one in January and 5 between the 10th and 25th of August.
And another year for the favourite ones to settle, another two to decide the ones that never got a game are bad apples, another year to replace them, another year for their replacements to settle......

“Poch deserves time, Levy Out!!”

Our previous Jan window transfers;

Jan 09 - Defoe
Jan 09 - Palacios
Jan 09 - Cudicini
Jan 09 - Chimbonda
Feb 09 - Keane
---- Last decade ----
Jan 10 - Kaboul
Jan 11- Pienaar
Jan 11 - Khumalo
Jan 12 - Falque
Jan 12 - Saha
Jan 13 - Holtby
--- None 2014 ---
Feb 15 - Dele
--- None 2016 ---
--- None 2017 ---
Jan 18 - Moura
--- None 2019 ---

It's been 11 years since a January splurge.
And only a few good signings in the last 10 years.

Expect a cautious, uneventful window - offering plenty for people to moan about.

For those of us still interested in Barrios (Hi Reidy Reidy ). The Russian league are implementing a new rule from the end of the season that will limit the amount of foreign players in the league.

He should be doable.

Our previous Jan window transfers;

Jan 09 - Defoe
Jan 09 - Palacios
Jan 09 - Cudicini
Jan 09 - Chimbonda
Feb 09 - Keane
---- Last decade ----
Jan 10 - Kaboul
Jan 11- Pienaar
Jan 11 - Khumalo
Jan 12 - Falque
Jan 12 - Saha
Jan 13 - Holtby
--- None 2014 ---
Feb 15 - Dele
--- None 2016 ---
--- None 2017 ---
Jan 18 - Moura
--- None 2019 ---

It's been 11 years since a January splurge.
And only a few good signings in the last 10 years.

Expect a cautious, uneventful window - offering plenty for people to moan about.
and that was because it was 2 points from 8 games and Defoe broke his foot after we signed him!

For those of us still interested in Barrios (Hi Reidy Reidy ). The Russian league are implementing a new rule from the end of the season that will limit the amount of foreign players in the league.

He should be doable.

I do like him, but I want him in midfield....not attending one of Vertonghen and Eriksen's bukkake parties.

Pochettino's saviour right now is Levy.

Yup, his future is in Levys hands.

Levy could quite easily shaft him. Poch has built that stadium with his top 4 finishes. Levy has cut his transfer budget for 5 years whilst he performs miracles. Spurs are now a continental club in terms of infrastructure and cash flow.

Levy could quite easily screw poch and get Allegri or likewise to spend the money Poc has earned.

We'll see.

Yup, his future is in Levys hands.

Levy could quite easily shaft him. Poch has built that stadium with his top 4 finishes. Levy has cut his transfer budget for 5 years whilst he performs miracles. Spurs are now a continental club in terms of infrastructure and cash flow.

Levy could quite easily screw poch and get Allegri or likewise to spend the money Poc has earned.

We'll see.

Just in case anyone was in any doubt which camp you were in.

It is however or should I say we are not a charity to use Pochettino's own words.

There is some but not enough justification for the performances since the loss to Burnley last season.

We have been pretty woeful beyond that and it needs more than just new signings for that to happen.

Just in case anyone was in any doubt which camp you were in.

It is however or should I say we are not a charity to use Pochettino's own words.

There is some but not enough justification for the performances since the loss to Burnley last season.

We have been pretty woeful beyond that and it needs more than just new signings for that to happen.

Im not 100pc in Pochs court.

You could argue hes lost the dessing room. You could argue results are bad and not going to change.
Can also say that Poch has been paid handsomely for his troubles. Levy has also provided a platform for Poch to become one of the most sought after managers in the world. A million miles away from when he first came here.

The relationship has been mutually beneficial.

Question is, what do we do now? This situation is as devisive as Brexit. With no clear cut obvious answer.

If it was me, Id back the manager. But he needs to drop the trouble makers instantly and never pick them again.

No way he leaves in January, but Peter Gulasci is the one we should be looking at if we want a ready made upgrade on Hugo.

In my opinion the best goalkeeper in the top 5 leagues right now.

But Nübel is looking very promising and we should make an approach in January.
Had a look at your boy Gulasci there, good call, however I'd still go Nubel for for reason. Presence. You look at Nubel and he has the same presence as keepers like Dasayev, Schmeichel, Van Der Saar and Neuer, a big strong unit that makes a striker feel like he has to put the ball that much wider to get past him. Although I'm a massive fan of small massively agile keepers like Goram, Klos and even Kelvin Davis, a big domineering unit would be my preference.

Gulacsi I'd put with Yann Sommer as a choice if I wanted a smaller, more agile keeper.

He should be doable.

He is the DM we need, and I hope we get him. Having said that, he is doing very well for them, so I doubt they would want to transfer him just because of that new rule.

He is the DM we need, and I hope we get him. Having said that, he is doing very well for them, so I doubt they would want to transfer him just because of that new rule.
The other thing about Barrios is how much he would help Dav having his international team mate there with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom