January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sissoko may not be the most technically gifted, but he always puts a shift in and has had some really good games for us.

Cannnot disagree with that at all.

But there were better players out there we could have bought if we needed a player to instantly play for the first team - at the time £30m was our highest transfer fee paid (with Lamela) so a very decent sum of money.

Or if we were looking to build the squad long term we might have bought Grealish, Maddison, and Brooks for the same amount of money (total £30m) and developed them

My basic point was not having a go at Sissoko but that we have not used the money wisely is building the squad (which is an art in itself - Liverpool have mastered that over the last 5 years ironically using a team of DoF and Head of Analytics hired from Spurs, whereas our current squad is testament to the fact we lost our way)

Last edited:
No, not all.

You asked for one team at any level who don't have two senior strikers.

I didn't even have to think about it.......there are probably others, even in the PL.

Edit: Villa have only Wesley. There will be others.

United is a perfectly serviceable answer..... The only diff is that their manager(s) play their 'Parrot'.

This is my favourite part of the window. It’s when the anger takes over.

We’ve had hope, fear, confusion. Even sexual panic.

But now we get to do what we do best.

Cunt time.

I started to get angry about 3 days ago.

I'm now in the bargaining phase. Would take Ze Luis.

All set for depression 1st Feb.

5-stages-of-grief.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom