January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Llorente being linked with a move to Barca.

As a result, they are considering other options. Valencia's Rodrigo, Chelsea's Olivier Giroud and Napoli's Fernando Llorente have all been discussed, but the club would obviously prefer to recruit Aubameyang.
They got Kevin Prince Boatang in that position last year.

Of all the examples to cite, Sissoko is the easiest one to destroy your argument.

Why do you think Poch persisted with him for 2 seasons as a midfielder when every fan I know thought he was pretty poor in the majority of games.

Sure he is strong and powerful in making runs but for the first 2 seasons his inadequacies were very easy to see.

If you cant out 2 + 2 together and realise that Poch was wanting this £30m player - when £30m could have bought far better players then time you went back to school. Levy would not have bought this player without Poch - he would have found a cheaper CM.

Just think before you post.

Sissoko may not be the most technically gifted, but he always puts a shift in and has had some really good games for us.

Pretty much the only two good options. Id take a punt on the Rangers guy though.

I'm not up on players, but surely we can use our muscle to take a decent striker from Spain, Italy or France. Most those clubs are piss poor.
We are linked with Willian José at Real Sociedad as of this morning. 8 goals so far. 10+ goals every season the last 3 years. Sociedad not too keen to sell but seems like they'd be willing to if we make a decent bid and Willian wants the move.

El Diario Vasco is the go-to daily regional newspaper in the Basque Country, has very good connections to the teams there.

Like you, I've seen a bit of La Real this season, I have a soft spot for the Basque clubs, and like you, I've liked what I've seen of Willian José.

Another one to keep an eye on is Mikel Merino, who seems to have flopped at Newcastle, but has the best stats of any defensive midfielder in the league this season. Only 23, wouldn't cost that much...

Now we're talking....

101.jpg

"No brainer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom