January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves are interested in signing Dinamo Zagreb and Spain midfielder Dani Olmo, 21, in the January transfer window and are willing to pay up to 25m euros (£21.3m)

Weren't we quoted nearer 40?

Then what in the summer? When Cavani is 34 and we need to replace him? We've paid £10m+ on a player we need to replace again.

He's a good player but financially it doesn't make sense. I agree it'd cost more if we missed out on UCL football, but we need a striker that is good for now and the future.
Then what? Then we make sure we have an adequate replacement lined up in the summer, not stutter around looking for bargains in a one month transfer window. Yeah 10m+ on a very temporary replacement, but you'd prefer to play Moura up front until the end of the season instead of spending 10m on Cavani? Lol.

Llorente being linked with a move to Barca.

As a result, they are considering other options. Valencia's Rodrigo, Chelsea's Olivier Giroud and Napoli's Fernando Llorente have all been discussed, but the club would obviously prefer to recruit Aubameyang.

Last edited:
Wolves are interested in signing Dinamo Zagreb and Spain midfielder Dani Olmo, 21, in the January transfer window and are willing to pay up to 25m euros (£21.3m)

Weren't we quoted nearer 40?
Not a midfielder at all, plays 9 or 10 or even out wide. We should be all over him.

If Wolves get him I'm a gonna be like

giphy.gif

I've never got how you can make an informal bid.

"Hey, you know that guy you've got? Yeah, well if we were interested we'd give you some money for him. But we're not really interested that much - but we are really."

No, not all.

You asked for one team at any level who don't have two senior strikers.

I didn't even have to think about it.......there are probably others, even in the PL.

Edit: Villa have only Wesley. There will be others.
They have just signed a striker

What fools they are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom