January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Prepared for the shit I'll probably get for this...

Lo Celso.. He needs to sort himself out. Is he honestly much different to Lamela? We see glimpses, then nothing again for a while. Goals and assists have been few and far between, and it's something we really need.

We need a new number 10 ASAP.
I've been very very reluctant to jump on Lo Celso for not scoring goals/assisting like Eriksen used to as I know they're different players and his all around game seemed good. I'm getting wary of his current injury-proneness though and was rather hoping he'd get his eye in sooner rather than later (look at how well he took that goal against Man City).

I do think that we can't have two Argentineans floating in and out of the team though and Lamela probably needs to go with some new number 10 blood coming in, as you suggest.

I don't understand how they are not convinced unless they prefer to just straight sell him which they should.

He isn't playing here, isn't likely to play here under Jose so why not move him on and get something for him. whether money in a sale or playing time in a loan.

If there is a team willing to take him lets not get picky and end up stuck with him. Who knows maybe he can leach off Mbappe and Neymar enough that PSG will be fooled into paying a lot for him.

Vertonghen and Alderweireld have always been pretty slow but this was rarely exposed as both their reading of the game and positional sense were outstanding. They were both also very good with their feet and comfortable when under pressure.

Whereas with Dier he’s slow, switches off and consistently gives the ball away.

Look at last night.... after Fulham equalised both Sanchez and Dier were all over the place.

There used to be a time if and when we conceded teams had to grind away again if they wanted another goal. Sanchez and Dier on the other hand are not just an accident waiting to happen but multiple accidents every game.

We need at least one good quality ready-to-go CB to bolster our back line. We have Dier that is learning on the job, Toby that is a step slower but still very effective, Sanchez that plays chaotic with accidents waiting to happen while pulling the back line out of shape with his erratic plays. A good CM would be nice like a Sabitzer but I don’t think we will get.

I still believe we will do better over the course of the rest of the season. I’m optimistic results will pick up.

I never expected us to win the league. So, we’re still well within where I expected us to be. For me, looking at the quality of players we have versus the other surrounding teams, I don’t find it surprising when it comes to our results when where we are in the table.

This should probably have happened in the prior window, but regardless it's good news.

Look at how that Norwich loan is going for Skippy.

After 2 almost non playing loans (Leeds and QPR) think he needed his confidence boosting back at Spurs in pre-season, training with PL first team plus a small amount of game time, also a good sign to lower league clubs that he is playing for Spurs even though its EL and FA Cup, so I understand why he was not loaned out in summer.

Hope he has a good loan this time and returns with half a season of Championship football under his belt

I've been very very reluctant to jump on Lo Celso for not scoring goals/assisting like Eriksen used to as I know they're different players and his all around game seemed good. I'm getting wary of his current injury-proneness though and was rather hoping he'd get his eye in sooner rather than later (look at how well he took that goal against Man City).

I do think that we can't have two Argentineans floating in and out of the team though and Lamela probably needs to go with some new number 10 blood coming in, as you suggest.

Do you think we can get a better player than Dele? Dele on 100k a week. In current market, should be worth 50m.

Ndombele and GLC are currently rotating as number 10. Both at significant cost. We aren't spending that sort of money for players to sit on the bench.

I have a very strong view that Eriksen will return to Spurs in the last week of the window.

If PSG wanted him, they'd have him by now. I reckon we'll get him back on loan, and more than likely allow Dele to go on loan to PSG. I'd look to flog Lamela this window.

Back
Top Bottom