January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can’t recall seeing much being posted here on Hakan Calhanoglu at Milan. Contract running out in the summer and could be the answer to our possible lack of creativity. And the answer to our direct free kicks being shite.

I don't understand how they are not convinced unless they prefer to just straight sell him which they should.

He isn't playing here, isn't likely to play here under Jose so why not move him on and get something for him. whether money in a sale or playing time in a loan.

If there is a team willing to take him lets not get picky and end up stuck with him. Who knows maybe he can leach off Mbappe and Neymar enough that PSG will be fooled into paying a lot for him.
I'll translate : Daniel Levy is no longer convinced by Jose's low calorie low block, and is nervous about him flogging assets that a modern progressive coach(his replacement) may want. Could be wrong but it is a possibility.

Can’t recall seeing much being posted here on Hakan Calhanoglu at Milan. Contract running out in the summer and could be the answer to our possible lack of creativity. And the answer to our direct free kicks being shite.
I think Milan are trying to tie him down to a new contract.

EPLEL
NON-HG (16)NON-HG (18)
NON-HG (14)NON-HG (17)
1LLORISLLORIS1
2GAZZANIGA
3AURIERAURIER2
4ALDERWEIRELDALDERWEIRELD3
5SANCHEZ SANCHEZ 4
6DIERDIER5
7REGUILONREGUILON6
8HOJBJERGHOJBJERG7
9SISSOKOSISSOKO8
10NDOMBELENDOMBELE9
11LAMELALAMELA10
12LO CELSOLO CELSO11
13BERGWIJNBERGWIJN12
14MOURAMOURA13
15SONSON14
16VINICIUSVINICIUS15
DOHERTY16
DAVIES17
RODON18
HG (9)ASSOCIATION (2)
HG (8)ASSOCIATION (1)
1HARTHART1
2DOHERTYALLI2
3ALLI
4DAVIES
5RODONCLUB TRAINED (4)
CLUB TRAINED (4)
6WHITEMANWHITEMAN1
7WINKSWINKS2
8KANEKANE3
9BALEBALE4
SQUAD TOTAL: 25SQUAD TOTAL: 23
SQUAD TOTAL: 22SQUAD TOTAL: 22

Update after Clarke loan.
We need to lose a non-HG (eg Sanchez) if Rodon is to be registered for EL.
We need to lose another to add a new non-HG to the EL squad.
We can sign 3 new HG players for EL if Dele leaves.
We can sign up to 3 new non-HG or HG players eligible to play EPL only if Sanchez, Gazza and Dele leave.

Last edited:
I have a very strong view that Eriksen will return to Spurs in the last week of the window.

If PSG wanted him, they'd have him by now. I reckon we'll get him back on loan, and more than likely allow Dele to go on loan to PSG. I'd look to flog Lamela this window.
Would an Eriksen with his tail between his legs be better than those final 18 months where his head was gone?

Genuine question. If he was even 80% of 'peak' Eriksen we should do it.

Would an Eriksen with his tail between his legs be better than those final 18 months where his head was gone?

Genuine question. If he was even 80% of 'peak' Eriksen we should do it.
I’d think a lot of players would want to come back and prove a point. Not sure CE is one of them though.

But if there is a thought he’d perform to his best again, I’d be up for it.

I’d take Eriksen in a heartbeat if I thought there was any chance of him rediscovering his form.

It’s just not going to happen.
Yea not going to happen with us. I hope he can end up somewhere like Athletico or Dortmund- I suspect he'd fit in well there and that they'd be able to make good use of him.

Should sell Allejo10, offers nothing as a supporter
Excuse Me What GIF by One Chicago

Why would any ball player like Eriksen come to play under Jose. They wouldn’t see to much of the ball and very little in the final third. Just ask H and Son how much of the ball they have been seeing lately.

Why would any ball player like Eriksen come to play under Jose. They wouldn’t see to much of the ball and very little in the final third. Just ask H and Son how much of the ball they have been seeing lately.
17 matches in the league so far and 23 goals / 16 assists between them. Been seeing plenty of the ball.

23 goals and 16 assists between them in 17 games.
Not bad for seeing very little of the ball.
Sonny had an off night against Fulham if not the goals total would have been 25 or 26.

Back
Top Bottom