January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I posted a long comment in response to John some time yesterday.

In short we'll have had a full year of match day revenue, with DOF and manager at the club for close to the whole season, and it'll be a summer window.

I'm not saying it will be different, but it should be, as the excuses will have been well and truly exhausted
But, we apparently have 60M to spend on Diaz in this window?

It's not money, I guess? We are shit across all dimensions.

But, we apparently have 60M to spend on Diaz in this window?

It's not money, I guess? We are shit across all dimensions.
Yea we are. Our buying and selling of players has been shit for a while.

I do genuinely believe that the January window is a harder time to get stuff done, for any club, let alone for us, who still stuff about and drag out singings over a summer window.

Yea we are. Our buying and selling of players has been shit for a while.

I do genuinely believe that the January window is a harder time to get stuff done, for any club, let alone for us, who still stuff about and drag out singings over a summer window.

I dont believe it is. Ok more players are available in the summer. But more clubs are looking for players. Its exactly the same.

If you cant lure big names now, you wont in the summer either.

I dont believe it is. Ok more players are available in the summer. But more clubs are looking for players. Its exactly the same.

If you cant lure big names now, you wont in the summer either.
Why would clubs let go of their best players halfway through the season, when some of them are still competing in Europe, or doing well in their domestic leagues?

I never said it was impossible to sign great players, but in order for that to happen the club needs to be fully aligned in their vision, and the recruitment needs to be on point. Spurs, unfortunately are neither of those at this point in time.

Why would clubs let go of their best players halfway through the season, when some of them are still competing in Europe, or doing well in their domestic leagues?

I never said it was impossible to sign great players, but in order for that to happen the club needs to be fully aligned in their vision, and the recruitment needs to be on point. Spurs, unfortunately are neither of those at this point in time.

Thats not the point. Im saying other clubs are always going to offer better terms. Doesnt matter if we wait till the summer.

Vlahovic to Juve
Traore to Barca
Diaz to Liverpool

Its nothing to do with January or summer

We have to change our transfer strategy. We’ve got to stop going after the young up and comers and we have to sign some older guys until we can get back in the CL. As long as we are fucking around without any European competitions we can forget about attracting big time players. Time to hire some damn mercenaries

Levy is a dictator and a huge ego. This is about power. Conte thought he was gunna give Levy the speaking to. No chance. Levy will buy no one now just to let Conte know whos boss. He just cant help himself.

Luis Diaz is the perfect example of that, he's an exciting signing, but by no means the glaring issue in our squad.
I'd much rather we went all out for a great RWB or CM this window
Totally agree. With all of the needs on this club—in the midfield, at right wingback, at center back—the idea that we are pursuing a winger is dismaying.

Maybe Diaz is a marginal improvement over Lucas (who has been generally good under Conte) or Bergwijn (who is still very young, and perhaps regaining confidence given Leicester). But with just a few days left in the window, this is our priority? Really?

Came here to celebrate page 1001.

Left angry about things I have no reason to be angry about.

Keep up the good work guys, here's to another 999 pages!

We have to change our transfer strategy. We’ve got to stop going after the young up and comers and we have to sign some older guys until we can get back in the CL. As long as we are fucking around without any European competitions we can forget about attracting big time players. Time to hire some damn mercenaries
Perhaps if the club had a vision it could sell us on, that would be a sell to players as well.

Thats not the point. Im saying other clubs are always going to offer better terms. Doesnt matter if we wait till the summer.

Vlahovic to Juve
Traore to Barca
Diaz to Liverpool

Its nothing to do with January or summer
But it remains a valid point as to why January is harder to do business in that the summer though. The likelihood of a player that Spurs are interested in not being for sale now due to their club doing well, and may still be competing for silverware is real.

I'm not saying that that is the only reason why we're not signing anyone, but it does impose more barriers than summer does.

Your point is valid though, it's just that both aren't mutually exclusive.

Totally agree. With all of the needs on this club—in the midfield, at right wingback, at center back—the idea that we are pursuing a winger is dismaying.

Maybe Diaz is a marginal improvement over Lucas (who has been generally good under Conte) or Bergwijn (who is still very young, and perhaps regaining confidence given Leicester). But with just a few days left in the window, this is our priority? Really?
I genuinely can't figure out if Diaz was a last minute opportunity that just appeared, or the player that we spent the last 3 weeks working towards.

But it remains a valid point as to why January is harder to do business in that the summer though. The likelihood of a player that Spurs are interested in not being for sale now due to their club doing well, and may still be competing for silverware is real.

I'm not saying that that is the only reason why we're not signing anyone, but it does impose more barriers than summer does.

You're point is valid though, it's just that both aren't mutually exclusive.
“To fix everything in one transfer market is not realistic but there must be a place to start. Even if it isn’t the best opportunity, we need to do something.”

Back
Top Bottom