January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just offer Lo Celso, Sessegnon (they love English youngsters) and about 50 million for Bellingham, and tell him you're going to build the team around him and make him captain down the line.

We need three, four or five players but just making one solitary big signing this window at the moment would lift the club. Never gonna happen, but it's nice to dream sometimes.

If and when Liverpool sign Bellingham in the summer, on top of Diaz this window, they're going to be set again for the next number of years. I won't name him but I'm mates with someone who plays for the Liverpool academy, and everyone at Liverpool are hugely excited about a Polish kid named Mateusz Musialowski and expect him to break through within the next 12 months or so.

And it's exactly this.

Posters are fizzing at Levy and co but what the fcuk can we do when faced with all the competing forces?

Barcelona are swamped with debt, have no Messi or anyone of real note and yet are plundering the transfer market. How can they be allowed to do it?

You have the fcuking dirty oil barons being treated as untouchable deities and yet posters think we can go get whoever we want. It's pie in the sky thinking.

What we need is to reset. We need to decide and then define the club we want to be and follow that model rigidly, with conviction and be the best we can be.

And that is not excusing the absolute car crash of the last 4 years of sh!t transfers and lack of player development as opposed to stating some facts.

Just look at Woolwich and their near pointless pursuit of Vlahovic. Clubs of our respective levels need to adapt or we will get left behind completely.
Vlahovic has just gone to Juve for like 70mil Euros. We had him targeted in the summer.

Had we gone in with 80 or 90 mil euros we probably would've got him. Had we offered the same wages that Juve are offering, we likely would have got him

Its really that simple, you want a player then pay the money.
Levy simply cannot keep doing this to us. Pretending we're signing someone big just to get us spoken about and then end up signing nobody. Not even a bad less quality player, he just gets nobody now. Our squad is unbelievably stale, as stale as Newcastles squad is with some of the same faces still knocking about.

I can't stress this enough and I say this knowing a lot of others feel the same, it's sucked the life out of me as a fan to support the club and interest in football overall.
Money has spoiled football. It took a while but its totally ruined now.

An example, if the club is faced with the options, you can get Top 4 but you lose Son, if the finances were in Son's favour, the club would finish 5th and keep the South Korea money rolling in if it means the club ended up with more money in the end.

My point is money is the key driver and it really wouldn't be surprising anymore if having certain players and their followings can sometimes be more financially beneficial to the club than finishing a place or two higher. It means players stay around longer than we need because the finances justify it.

Signing Kulusevski isn't a mistake. It's a gamble, but it's not a mistake. He's flopped at Juve, for sure, but he's still young and maybe coming to England to play under Conte gonna give him a new lease of life.

However, what I'm really REALLY not okay with, is us signing him on loan with an obligation to buy...especially at the 40mil that's being reported. It's just total madness. So what if he comes in for 4-5 months, is awful or gets injured badly...then we'd still have to cough up a fortune for him?!

And even if he comes in and does well, he'd need to do very very well to make it fine for us to spend that big bag of cash on him. I mean, if he comes in and does what Bruno did at Utd his first 6 months, then fine. But how many players have a super positive loan warranting a 40mil obligation to buy these days?

Pure madness if Levy agrees to that.

Just offer Lo Celso, Sessegnon (they love English youngsters) and about 50 million for Bellingham, and tell him you're going to build the team around him and make him captain down the line.

We need three, four or five players but just making one solitary big signing this window at the moment would lift the club. Never gonna happen, but it's nice to dream sometimes.

If and when Liverpool sign Bellingham in the summer, on top of Diaz this window, they're going to be set again for the next number of years. I won't name him but I'm mates with someone who plays for the Liverpool academy, and everyone at Liverpool are hugely excited about a Polish kid named Mateusz Musialowski and expect him to break through within the next 12 months or so.

Bellingham is the next Sancho.

Levy is actually the architect of his own demise. If we were still in the old WHL we would sell out whatever shite is served up.

With 62,000 seats we could easily have 20,000 empty per home game. Thats a blow to his ego.

I cant imagine the embarrasment when hospitality is half full too. Thats could happen
If the unrest continues this could be the case it needs to happen to force them out.

Honestly levy should have gone and was final straw when he fired poch. Its his ego and eyes always on the balance sheet is the reason. Poch deserved the right to rebuild squad. Best manager ive seen at tottenham. Although i did like venables. Tottenham have a fantastic fanbase and passionate fanbase and deserve better. Levy needs to step aside imo if conte goes. The final act.

Valencia in loan talks for Spurs winger Gil​

Tottenham and Valencia are in talks over a loan deal for Bryan Gil.
Spurs are only likely to sanction the move if they are able to sign a replacement before Monday's transfer deadline.
Gil joined Spurs from Sevilla last summer but is yet to start a Premier League game.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Signing Kulusevski isn't a mistake. It's a gamble, but it's not a mistake. He's flopped at Juve, for sure, but he's still young and maybe coming to England to play under Conte gonna give him a new lease of life.

However, what I'm really REALLY not okay with, is us signing him on loan with an obligation to buy...especially at the 40mil that's being reported. It's just total madness. So what if he comes in for 4-5 months, is awful or gets injured badly...then we'd still have to cough up a fortune for him?!

And even if he comes in and does well, he'd need to do very very well to make it fine for us to spend that big bag of cash on him. I mean, if he comes in and does what Bruno did at Utd his first 6 months, then fine. But how many players have a super positive loan warranting a 40mil obligation to buy these days?

if conte is 100% convinced on him there's no problem.
when inter paid 80M for Lukaku inter fans went mad. two years later they sold him for 100M and meanwhile they won serie A thanks to him

the only problem is to understand if conte is truly convinced on him, or he's just desperate and would accept anyone

The Gil situation tells you all you need to know about The Trio of Doom. They are clueless, ridiculous...absolutely no strategy, long term plan, zilch.

So you sign a very promising kid, barely play him and then 4 months later you ship him back out to his country of origin, where he's really not gonna learn anything about the English game. So when he eventually comes back to us, he'll still be unready for PL football.

Genius.

It wont be 40m. I could handle obligation for 30m euros

The Gil situation tells you all you need to know about The Trio of Doom. They are clueless, ridiculous...absolutely no strategy, long term plan, zilch.

So you sign a very promising kid, barely play him and then 4 months later you ship him back out to his country of origin, where he's really not gonna learn anything about the English game. So when he eventually comes back to us, he'll still be unready for PL football.

Genius.

I'm ok with him going to Valencia to get game time. He needs to play. His experience came from Eibar. Thats like Swindon town. he needs to play for a big club and find his feet.

The most important thing is he plays every week

Genius.
A Circus run by the Marx brothers welcome to Tottenham

Back
Top Bottom