January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's going to be tough, seeing him at united.

Honestly, the more embarrassing/shameful the situation gets for ENIC, the better really. If we really are just unprepared to spend at all then it's much better that they're forced out as quickly as possible rather than the fans slowly getting pissed off.

I had my doubts about this apparent incoming spending spree but people seemed very convinced it was happening. If it isn't they've really shot themselves in the foot, because they've maxed out people's expectations only to piss all over them.

So what happened to the money we were supposedly willing to spend in the summer on Vlahovic or Martinez?
Kevin Spacey 90S GIF

Like Kaiser Soze it never existed

Another Enic Special where you submit a bid publically , safe in the knowledge that the club won't sell and/or the player won't want to come

Yep. Remember Dybala everyone? Was so obvious we wouldn't actually be able to sort player image rights/wages when United had already balked at the fees involved, but we were totally trying! Definitely not just doing so for the PR.

Wasn't overly worried about lack of action so far (It's a Jan window, very few teams do that much) but some of the murmurs about how little we have to spend and the fact we're going for almost exclusively frees, loans or cheap deals has me worried.

We could see Conte walk this summer. And that would surely be the last straw for 90% of the fanbase right?
I mean forget about Conte or the “Levy Out” status of the fanbase.

There is no path forward for the club as a business without massive transfer market investment in players. There is only decline and failure.

There is no path forward for the club as a business without massive transfer market investment in players. There is only decline and failure.

Yep. I don't know where they think this leads. We've already gone from CL every season and some half hearted title challenges to conference league football. We have very little potential for growth within the squad aside from Skipp (most key players are in or beyond their prime) so we can't just hope for that to save us, it isn't happening.

If this squad isn't revitalised by serious spending, we will be mid-table within the space of a few years.

Honestly, the more embarrassing/shameful the situation gets for ENIC, the better really. If we really are just unprepared to spend at all then it's much better that they're forced out as quickly as possible rather than the fans slowly getting pissed off.

I had my doubts about this apparent incoming spending spree but people seemed very convinced it was happening. If it isn't they've really shot themselves in the foot, because they've maxed out people's expectations only to piss all over them.
Just like Johnson, ENIC have no shame. As long as they keep making profit they will stay.

Honestly, the more embarrassing/shameful the situation gets for ENIC, the better really.

I am totally cool with this TBH........ Regardless of all the hot air blown about "theft & failure"; I said in the summer that the ensuing 12 months really were crunch time.

So now we know what many of feared/expected that the club isn't going to spend any real money to compete, which seals not only the fate of our Champions league hopes but also means Conte will be gone very soon.

The real question is, how do we force ENIC to sell?

Is it a question of the fan base coming together refusing to buy tickets, refusing to buy merchandise and if you do go to the ground not drinking or eating inside?

There must be a way because I'm sick and tired of the lack of ambition, Won't be long before the goons will be lauding it over us again.

Agreed. Our squad cant beat Vittesse, Mura or Morecambe. Our first team is pretty average with our 3 best and i'd say only top players being Lloris (35 and out of contact in 5 months), Son (30 in the summer) Kane (29 by the start of next season and 2 years left on contract). The only way out of this mess is to spend.

I am totally cool with this TBH........ Regardless of all the hot air blown about "theft & failure"; I said in the summer that the ensuing 12 months really were crunch time.

Yep, they set themselves up for this and now they have to deliver. Conte won't work as an appeasement tactic if he then walks out the door a season later.

Yep. I don't know where they think this leads. We've already gone from CL every season and some half hearted title challenges to conference league football. We have very little potential for growth within the squad aside from Skipp (most key players are in or beyond their prime) so we can't just hope for that to save us, it isn't happening.

If this squad isn't revitalised by serious spending, we will be mid-table within the space of a few years.
And if that isn’t bad enough, take a look at Everton to understand that we also need to spend WELL.

And we need to coach those players well.

A better opportunity than Conte is not forthcoming.

And of course this is why Levy jumped aboard the ESL train. Football is competitive, and since time immemorial that competitiveness has squeezed the dreams of stable profits away from its capital owners. So the dormant conspiracy to make elite football an anti-competitive American-style cartel will always be in the background.

But until that day it’s spend or die.

Back
Top Bottom