January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ndombele is taken off as he's not fit enough to complete a game.

Poch commented when Ndombele joined for a full pre-season he was overweight and unfit ... and despite his best efforts, he remained unfit to complete most games.

That is his weakness - inability to play for 90 minutes in PL
You sure Poch said that? I can't find any quotes when I googled it. Also Ndombele Started (and finished) his first 2 games under Poch, there is no way Poch plays him (especially for a full 90) if he thinks he is unfit and overweight.

Thinking the Conte shopping list will be 2 CBs who can play the ball, 2 midfielders, and Vlahovic.

There have been games where he's needed to come off early on, when he was dealing with or managing injuries etc, but numerous games since where he was looking no less fit or capable of carrying on than others. Plenty of games where subbing him was fucking stupid, and managers that did it have ended up being sacked, so hardly vindicates their management choices.

You got a link to Pochettino calling him overweight ?

Strange he never really had this problem in France, or even in the Champions League for Lyon against teams like City and Barca.

Your first para is nonsense - 'there have been games' actually refers to the all but about 10 PL games which he has completed 90 minutes - the vast majority of other games he has not.

I will leave you to search back to the time of his first pre-season and start of first season when Poch referred to him turning up over weight - and reasons why Poch took him off in most of games Ndomble played under Poch.

Like many players Ndombele can play in a low intensity game environment - same as Sergei Rebrov who with his partner Shevchenko destroyed many top teams in CL - however Rebrov could not perform for Spurs and Shevchenko was a flop for Chelsea, In Rebrov's case, his CL form might be explained by him only playing about 4 Ukrainean league games inn a season so he was always fit, rested and in peak condition to play CL games and usually with a complete rest (other than training) before the next CL game. Likewise Ndombele can easily play low intensity French league games and one off high intensity games against the likes of Mancity - but not a string of high intensity PL games. If really pushed I'm sure Ndombele could - but after 2 years of failing to play in multiple successive high intensity PL games its clear that he is not.

And it should also be clear that a player who cannot perform regularly cannot be carried forever - particularly when we also have to carry Lo Celso who equally underperforms in a similar midfield position.

You sure Poch said that? I can't find any quotes when I googled it. Also Ndombele Started (and finished) his first 2 games under Poch, there is no way Poch plays him (especially for a full 90) if he thinks he is unfit and overweight.

Yup perfectly sure.

And you don't say that after those 2 games Poch yanked Ndombele off continually - not the sort of treatment you'd expect from someone who had just bought Spurs most expensive player, you'd expect Poch to have wanted to keep Ndombele on and for him to dominate midfield. The fact that Poch hauls him off continually (as successive managers have done) should tell you something, even if you don;t want to hear it.

Having Conte can only help us get good players through the door as they will want to play for him. Imagine Nuno trying to pitch to someone like Kessie or Vlahovic!

I have a ton of random names but none that I think have any link so it would just be a long list that are maybes.

But there are a lot of of options out there. HG quota should not be an issue if we sell Dele and Alli and certainly should not prevent us from upgrading those positions whether in January or in the summer.
How can we sell Dele and Alli? Last I checked it's the same person.

Hahaha.... How crap was that roll on the floor goal celebration! :contelol:
I think he thought briefly of doing a fancy double forward somersault with pike but pulled out of it at the last minute.

That made me warm to him. It's like when your halfway through a wave to someone and you suddenly realise it isn't who you thought so you pull out and go for a self-conscious ear scratch instead

Totally agree on tarkowski. How no one has snapped him up by now is mental. Solid solid defender does all the basics very very well.
Please Admin Admin their doing it again. That hate speech where sensible people who can not have watched him say the name Tarkowski and Spurs and transfer!!!. The man's a complete donkey its like changing Eric Dire for Eric Dire. Even Gary to a look and picked the useless Goddfrey over him. He is worse than useless. At long last we are being linked to Kessie and Vlahovic and people want us dragged back to Will Hughes level cloggers.

Thinking the Conte shopping list will be 2 CBs who can play the ball, 2 midfielders, and Vlahovic.
In terms of transfer fees you can probably get the first 4 for 70-80m

Romanogli: 10m
Pau Torres: 50-60m
Brozovic: 10-15m
Kessie: Free

Vlahovic will be the pricey one - 70-80m I'd guess.

Bring in Romangoli and Brozovic in Jan and get Kessie on a pre contract for the summer.

Then go all out for Torres and Vlahovic in the summer.

I will leave you to search back to the time of his first pre-season and start of first season when Poch referred to him turning up over weight - and reasons why Poch took him off in most of games Ndomble played under Poch.

Like spurs9 , I googled and couldn't find, so either you back up your claim, or own up to it being bollocks. And we both know you've got form for this don't we.

Like many players Ndombele can play in a low intensity game environment -

Ligue 1 isn't particularly "low intensity". And neither is playing against the likes of ManC and a much stronger Barcelona in the Champions League.

More bollocks.

same as Sergei Rebrov who with his partner Shevchenko destroyed many top teams in CL - however Rebrov could not perform for Spurs
and Shevchenko was a flop for Chelsea, In Rebrov's case, his CL form might be explained by him only playing about 4 Ukrainean league games inn a season

Not really sure what Rebrov in 2001 has to do with Ndombele in 2021, and IMO Rebrov was an intelligent little football who was wasted on a shit manager like Hoddle who preferred Gary Doherty up front.

but for the record he played out of 30 games seasons in the Ukrainian league:

99-00 - 20 games
98-99 - 22
97-98 - 29
96-97 - 30

I think this much layering of bollocks is called a bollocks lamination.

And it should also be clear that a player who cannot perform regularly cannot be carried forever - particularly when we also have to carry Lo Celso who equally underperforms in a similar midfield position.

Again, in your efforts to be a fucking wise acre you are missing my point. An important point.

None of our players have performed well in the last 3 years. This isn't all about those players, especially when we have good evidence of them performing well regularly prior to us signing them. We've had 4 managers in two years. One of them totally scapegoated Ndombele publicly. Hardly conducive.

What I have said is, with regards to a player we know has talent and has performed well, consistently previously, it might benefit him to be be used consistently in a similar way to that (ie as an 8 in a CM3 - as we know Conte uses a CM3 at times) in a team that is actually fucking coached properly - to work cohesively as a team - instead of the mish mash of garbage coaching and tactical application we've had from the last 4 coaches in the last two years.

I also said, I accept It might not. And if that's the case then so be it. We move him on.

In terms of transfer fees you can probably get the first 4 for 70-80m

Romanogli: 10m
Pau Torres: 50-60m
Brozovic: 10-15m
Kessie: Free

Vlahovic will be the pricey one - 70-80m I'd guess.

Bring in Romangoli and Brozovic in Jan and get Kessie on a pre contract for the summer.

Then go all out for Torres and Vlahovic in the summer.
Pau Torres reportedly turned us down in th summer. I don’t think things will be different in Januare.

Ligue 1 isn't particularly "low intensity". And neither is playing against the likes of ManC and a much stronger Barcelona in the Champions League.
And speaking to France Football, Messi admitted: "Ligue 1 is a league which is much more physical than LaLiga."

"Here, the teams seem more powerful to me and the matches are very close, with few spaces."

Back
Top Bottom