January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look, I suspect it's pretty clear to most people on here that major business needs doing with regards to our starting 11. I suspect that this is yet another example on this forum of someone hearing something from a single person and they immediately extrapolate it to the forum and community at large.

The fact remains that we probably can't or even shouldn't ship out and replace half a dozen players overnight. What Conte needs to do is probably look at two central positions very closely and go hard on ambitious players that would be likely to elevate everyone else around them - a la Dembele - because January fucking sucks and it's almost impossible to do business in Jan.

Look, I suspect it's pretty clear to most people on here that major business needs doing with regards to our starting 11. I suspect that this is yet another example on this forum of someone hearing something from a single person and they immediately extrapolate it to the forum and community at large.

The fact remains that we probably can't or even shouldn't ship out and replace half a dozen players overnight. What Conte needs to do is probably look at two central positions very closely and go hard on ambitious players that would be likely to elevate everyone else around them - a la Dembele - because January fucking sucks and it's almost impossible to do business in Jan.

THIS!

CM + CB or ST depending on whom Conte breathes life into over the next month or two.

......We may have to be financially aggressive if we're talking valued/covetted players too (i.e. Vlahovic).

THIS!

CM + CB or ST depending on whom Conte breathes life into over the next month or two.

......We may have to be financially aggressive if we're talking valued/covetted players too (i.e. Vlahovic).

Basically:
We need new players but only the ones I think we need

You are agreeing with posts in another thread that go directly against this and supporting the notion all players should be given a chance to prove themselves.

How will Winks for example do that? He only has about 8 games. Should he play every week until the window opens?
Or stay another year as bit part?

Not expecting an avalanche of players coming in January but all I ask for is one or two who we actually buy to do an actual job they were brought in to do and not spend 6 months to a year working out where they actually play….

How dare you speak sense on here

Not expecting an avalanche of players coming in January but all I ask for is one or two who we actually buy to do an actual job they were brought in to do and not spend 6 months to a year working out where they actually play….
I don’t like you. In fact I hate you more than I hate diets.

But yeah it’s not unreasonable to want one or two players in Jan.

We need to focus on the immediate need and get a player or two in there.

The rebuild can happen properly in the summer.

I watch a lot of Bayern Munich and Pavard has slipped down the pecking order there. I wonder if he isa guy that would fit Conte’s style? I think he’s a good player.

Basically:
We need new players but only the ones I think we need

Eh?

You are agreeing with posts in another thread that go directly against this and supporting the notion all players should be given a chance to prove themselves.

How will Winks for example do that? He only has about 8 games. Should he play every week until the window opens?
Or stay another year as bit part?

No idea what you're going on about..... Nowhere have I said we don't need to buy anyone.... Nor have I seen any posts that have (let alone agreed with any of them!).

Between now and Jan; Conte will assess the squad according to his own criteria and keep whoever he sees as worthy.

Twist that up in your mind however you see fit.

Buddy The Elf Christmas GIF by Death Wish Coffee

I'm most looking forward to seeing which faded talent gets renewed under Conte.

Will NDombele, Wink, or Dele find their form again?

What about youth? Will Scarlet get a break through? Nile John?

Fucken exciting times.

Like spurs9 , I googled and couldn't find, so either you back up your claim, or own up to it being bollocks. And we both know you've got form for this don't we.

Ligue 1 isn't particularly "low intensity". And neither is playing against the likes of ManC and a much stronger Barcelona in the Champions League.

More bollocks.

Not really sure what Rebrov in 2001 has to do with Ndombele in 2021, and IMO Rebrov was an intelligent little football who was wasted on a shit manager like Hoddle who preferred Gary Doherty up front.

but for the record he played out of 30 games seasons in the Ukrainian league:

99-00 - 20 games
98-99 - 22
97-98 - 29
96-97 - 30

I think this much layering of bollocks is called a bollocks lamination.

Again, in your efforts to be a fucking wise acre you are missing my point. An important point.

None of our players have performed well in the last 3 years. This isn't all about those players, especially when we have good evidence of them performing well regularly prior to us signing them. We've had 4 managers in two years. One of them totally scapegoated Ndombele publicly. Hardly conducive.

What I have said is, with regards to a player we know has talent and has performed well, consistently previously, it might benefit him to be be used consistently in a similar way to that (ie as an 8 in a CM3 - as we know Conte uses a CM3 at times) in a team that is actually fucking coached properly - to work cohesively as a team - instead of the mish mash of garbage coaching and tactical application we've had from the last 4 coaches in the last two years.

I also said, I accept It might not. And if that's the case then so be it. We move him on.

What you fail to address in any post is why after 2 yeares Ndombele has failed to complete 90 minutes on more than about 10 occasions

And if you were following the plot at the time you would have heard Poch's varying comments on Ndombele, and ditto Mourhino's as both struggled to get the guy to perform consistently. Nuno didn't make much comment but only one 90 minute performance suggests he also struggled to get him to play.

Nobody doubts the gut could be a top class midfielder - but if its limited to 60 minutes once a week, then its not enough for a side playing weekend and midweek who needs its top players to play 90 minutes on a consistent basis, rather than one needing to be subbed in most matches which is what has happened.

I really fail to understand how his lack of playing time over 2 years is something for you to ignore

Think I'd rather Schick, 9 apps 8 goals 2 assists (called him summer, I'm on fire TBF lately even though I'm no anorak) and that Dutch 19 year old Adeyemi, than Vlahovic if he's £60M+

Give Bergwijn in the deal for Adeyemi (or sell that window), if Conte can't make him 100% better.

Anyone watch Bundesliga? Schick to play former (when he had legs) Kane Role? Compete for the spot?

Back
Top Bottom