January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I quite like the 'preparing a bid for the summer' stage......
You have to wonder how many thousands of pages these bids must be. They must have an army of junior lawyers drafting all of Levy's insane clauses:

"If in 2022 THFC net profit falls below 100 million pounds, FC x shall pay back 10 percent of the transfer fee to THFC in the form of an interest fee loan, repayable upon and exclusively under the title discretion of Daniel Levy. For further clarity, even in the event that THFC is sold and ENIC is no longer the majority shareholder, and where Levy is no longer chairman, he shall retain all discretion."

"Payments shall be made at the rate of 10 pounds per month until any and all portions of the Transfer Fee has been paid. If in the event that THFC or ENIC dissolves, the remainder of the transfer fee is forgiven"

"As part of the transfer, the vendor football club shall pay for the incoming player's airfare and all expenses, including but not limited to Ryan Air tickets, bus tickets from both the airport he leaves and lands at, all expenses related to food and drink, and any other expense deemed payable by Daniel Levy at any point in the life of the contract the incoming player shall sign with THFC and any and all extensions of said contract thereof"

Etc.

And not that this was a serious dig but the fact that you listed two "decent" keepers as your first examples is quite funny and telling.

Don't forget the greatest yank goalkeeper of them all:

sylvester-stallone-escape-to-victory-600x338.jpg

Kessie is better than McKennie???

I don't know about that. He certainly isn't more creative.

He also is not a better goal scorer from open play. If we are counting penalties sure but since neither will take penalties over Kane anyways not sure why we would care about that.

McKennie is also a better fit for us as he can play with Skipp or PEH and with Kessie there is not near enough passing or progression if you play Kessie with one of them.
I agree with the qualities you're looking for, I'm just not sure McKennie and Kessie are all that different on that score. Kessie does have an attacking aspect to his game.

We're where we perennially are here. I like both players, neither is a perfect fit, and we can be certain that the analysis going on is 100% which is the better deal and 0% which is the right player.

Kessie is better, and although he's almost two years older, I would say he has more upside from his current ability than McKennie has. He's bigger, stronger, more creative and a better goalscorer than McKennie. He's more likely to make mistakes, though, but his offensive prowess makes him worth more.
Anybody with access to fbref.com can debunk this post

I agree with the qualities you're looking for, I'm just not sure McKennie and Kessie are all that different on that score. Kessie does have an attacking aspect to his game.

We're where we perennially are here. I like both players, neither is a perfect fit, and we can be certain that the analysis going on is 100% which is the better deal and 0% which is the right player.

I don't think there is a massive difference, I do think that Kessie gets overrated by his penalty totals though. Many people say he is a goalscorer but outside of penalties that is not true at all.

I am also concerned with how poor Kessie was a few years ago playing in a different formation and reports this year haven't been great either.

I think both guys are upgrades on what we have but I have more questions about Kessie overall and where he fits.

I don't think there is a massive difference, I do think that Kessie gets overrated by his penalty totals though. Many people say he is a goalscorer but outside of penalties that is not true at all.

I am also concerned with how poor Kessie was a few years ago playing in a different formation and reports this year haven't been great either.

I think both guys are upgrades on what we have but I have more questions about Kessie overall and where he fits.
Fair, but on the other hand, it seems notable that an Italian mega-club has a defensive midfielder taking their penalties in the first place. He's more than a basher. He's also captained them a couple times this year, contract situation notwithstanding.

McKennie looks like Steven Gerrard against CONCACAF dross from time to time, I can tell you from personal experience. And he's always a player to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, and his knack for the late drifting run into the box would play well in the PL I think.

And McKennie is both a knucklehead and a leader and galvanizing player. Very CONCACAF. Mexico's always got three guys like that.

Neither guy will be anything like Ndombele, for better or worse.

Back
Top Bottom