January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure that's necessarily what's going on here. Look, I'm not saying we haven't missed out on players by refusing to up our bids sufficiently - we definitely have - but that's failing at the next stage, not this stage. No one in their right mind just pays whatever the selling club wants straightaway, everyone makes a lower bid and hopes to settle somewhere in the middle, it's perfectly normal.
£20m is fuck all in the scheme of things.

The scheme of things being, backing Conte for what he wants. And absolutely in comparison to say £52-62m or whatever it was for Ndombele, the big clown shoe that he is.

Didn't we lose out on Grealish for £2m under the asking? Like him or not, could have made a few quid off that. Mid to late £20m's wasn't it?

And £20m??? That is not much in today's market.

Edit, I do realise (hope) it is early in the negotiations and levy usually strikes on the last day but is it worth quibbling over one or two million for what Conte wants? That's if Conte does want him, and if he does I think he's earnt some trust, if this is what it all is, he's not asking for the moon on a stick here.

Last edited:
A lot of people rating this player. If he’s so good, why are they trying to offload him?
Not sure really, but off the top of my head: accommodating a front three of Neymar, Messi, Mbappe who do little work off the ball, Poch struggles to fit Verratti and Paredes into the same midfield. Both talented players, and not players I'd consider lazy, but neither cover huge amounts of ground in midfield. Herrera, Gueye, Wijnaldum offer more mobility.

Edit.. also apparently not been great in some games this season.

Wijnaldum - Skipp - Kessie

We're winning it all!!!!!

We're getting Ryan Shawcross on a free aren't we :contehmm:

A lot of people rating this player. If he’s so good, why are they trying to offload him?

I can't comment on why they would look to move him on, but it is possible that a player that doesn't fit in at PSG might be good enough to improve us.

From limited viewings that I have had and reading about him he seems like a perfect fit for the deep lying midfield in Conte's 3-5-2.

Back
Top Bottom