January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That assumes that they can only play at LW.

Son can definitely play in a front two with Kane, Dias potentially could as well.

I think the bigger question is if either Son or Dias could work in a MF 3 if the other guy is paired with Kane.

Conte is a quality manager that seems to be very good at making players work in his system so I can't see how having top level talent and fitting them in is worse than having bad talent that fit into specific holes.

Not this crap again????

Son can't and won't play LCM......

Your previous foray into this thinking just exposed the fact that you have a convoluted and ultimately flawed understanding of players positions.

Last edited:
I think this signing means Conte wants to play a 3-4-3

Traore-Romero-Dier-Davies-Reguillon
Skipp-Hojberg
Dias---------------Kane---------------Son

We will then be short of two positions, a top left centre back and a top central midfielder.

And a top RWB and top CB

Rather not....

As per my post; you a) previously declared us broke.... Now you b) claim we can casually drop asking price on both Diaz & Guimaraes....

Maybe you're right about being broke (I suspect not, but hey); however b would be awfully contradictory of a.

Care to clarify?

The difference in the cost is my point. We going for the cheap option not the player we actually want/need.

If we keep going for cheap options and not fill in our needs we suck, Getting Dias but continuing with a shit MF isn't a way to have success.
I think the midfield options are limited by our budget and January availability.

Rather not....

As per my post; you a) previously declared us broke.... Now you b) claim we can casually drop asking price on both Diaz & Guimaraes....

Maybe you're right about being broke (I suspect not, but hey); however b would be awfully contradictory of a.

Care to clarify?
I mean we’re hypothesizing between two poles here.

The club’s financial position as it’s been reported to us would make the acquisition of a couple of top talents at key areas of need (not sure about Diaz as a need, but leave that to one side) for a combined 100M-ish is a piece of piss.

By contrast, Amrabat is a player an ambitious Championship club would target. In no world is that the pick of Conte, Parartici, Levy, or anyone with two pennies to rub together.

Just watched the highlights of Morocco V Malawi (1st half)
Not hard to see why Captain Armband doesn't score much, he is nowhere near the forward players. They often had 6 or 7 in the box and he was in the centre circle.

I’ve been through this more than enough time but for some reason was still expecting something to have been announced, even if it was Ndom and Locelso having moved on.
Nothing ever changes with this club sadly

Managers , players and Directors of football all come and go but the way this club operates never changes

Wonder why ...

Letter to Hitchin..

Oi ..Yeah you, you brown toothed cunt!!
We have zero matches to play for a week or so ,so this is your time to fucking shine, so go out and find some players because you worthless cum trumpet...its your fucking job, so on your bike and dont come back until you have got us some special players..got it?
Signed The Fighting Cock forum members.

That'll do the trick, bet the cunt reads this :moursad:

Back
Top Bottom