January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is a possibility we will sign a pre contract agreement with Frank Kessie in January. Paratici has made an offer already according to a few reports so that is one to keep an eye on.

Will be funny to see people try and double count the Romero transfer

The real pro's know that you play that card next summer.

Giolinni, Sarr, Romero.... Summer 2022 gonna be an epic window; I can feel it now! :levywhoa:

January (when lower table clubs will be seeking saviours for their season):

Doherty: Sell - Simply not needed.
Winks: Sell/Loan - If he's not had much game-time I think his resolve to stick around will have faded.
Clarke: Sell/Loan - If he's not had much game-time I think his resolve to stick around will have faded.
Sessengon: Loan - If he's not had much game-time he'll likely get itchy.

Problem: All Homegrown.

I like Kessie and he is an upgrade on PEH and Skipp, but with those two plus Sarr coming in that leaves a lot of CM/DM even if we are playing Nuno's hardworking, zero skills midfield 3.

Adding talent is never a bad thing but are we willing to put Skipp on the bench for next season? I don't think a MF of Kessie-PEH-Skipp works especially with how weak we are in terms of attack in creativity in our attacking players and bench.

Last edited:
I like Kessie and he is an upgrade on PEH and Skipp, but with those two plus Sarr coming in that leaves a lot of CM/DM even if we are playing Nuno's hardworking, zero skills midfield 3.

Adding talent is a bad thing but are we willing to put Skipp on the bench for next season? I don't think a MF of Kessie-PEH-Skipp works especially with how weak we are in terms of attack in creativity in our attacking players and bench.

Understand this is a typo, but could also be part of our transfer philosophy up until recently.

Back
Top Bottom