January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

bday anything GIF

He will never change. All the money wasted on the n'jies etc that we could have put towards players who were actually good.

Aside from the Romero, Ndombele, LoCelso, Sanchez counter-argument......

Fans will equally keep complaining that we don't scout deeper or score the gems before they become too expensive..... They'll also continue to make complaints like "look at Leicester!".

Last edited:
these next few days will make or break our season. Players are stating conte needs backing. conte's interviews suggest they have to start improving the squad meaning certain players that are in the first team or bench or not know who they are and if still remaining will down tools. Why can't we just pay what the teams ask when its just slightly over our valuation? same when we try to sell players, haggling over peanuts.

Why do people smugly state "But look at the business other teams are doing or lack of"

Like I give a shit?

I'm interested in what we do, we have been given a golden opportunity by the brilliance of Conte to get back into the top 4. I thought we would have to wait years for that opportunity, but somehow we are in with a great shot.

And we are blowing it. We should be spending big here and grasping the opportunity the restoration to Champions league football and the financial dividends plus the possibility to turn the tide on falling attendances should be the motivating factor.

Splash. the fucking. cash
Also they fail to realise these other top clubs did proper business in the summer, whilst we did fuck all

He genuinely doesn't ever learn, and it's not just him, it's the whole scouting team that has failed.

We get presented with an opportunity to sign a world class player (Bruno for example) and instead of pushing the boat to the fee required, the club will spend said money on 3 players thinking they have come out with the better deal, and so far it has never worked.

Your Bruno example is bollocks mate....

We'd literally just spent 100m on TN & GLC..... We didn't buy a bunch of cheapos instead of BF.

...........Agreed about scouting though.

FFS this ain't happening move along nothing to see here.
It's another distraction..

Club sees fans are unhappy and underwhelmed by the links to Amarabat, Traore and Tanner so they put a low balling bid for a good player to try and sell the picture they are trying. Happens every window.

What really rattles my brain, as I'm sure it does many others is.. We nearly lost one of our best ever players in Kane this summer, due to lack of a plan going forward, and then appointed a manager who was never right for this club. We got lucky that Kane stayed... Nuno fell apart as well predicted.. We then get presented with a truly world class manager in his peak, who frankly we have no right to have at the club.. He has got us in a position to get top 4 this season and push on again.. But instead of backing this manager and proving to Kane there is a plan here, the board are refusing to back the manager, bringing in cheap alternatives to the managers wants and needs, and risk having another summer of confusion and no progression.

3 years ago Spurs were in a superb position to become one of the best in the league for a period of time. We were 1-2 signings off winning the league and pushing on in other comps as well. Instead we stood still, allowed the squad to stagnate and didn't improve on positions because Levy felt we couldn't. We are now further away then ever, yet he still comes out with rubbish like "there is no correlation between spending lots of money and winning trophies." The guy is not a football man, and needs to reigned back in and put into the market department.

Even if we miraculously get Top 4 this season, Conte will walk. He was promised big signings - his signings - before he joined, and now he's realised that Levy pulled a fast one on him. Antonio will for sure ask questions, he won't be scared. Levy will bs him and promise him a great summer window, but AC won't bite. Goodbye, the best manager we could've had. Hello Rafa 😔🔫

Your Bruno example is bollocks mate....

We'd literally just spent 100m on TN & GLC..... We didn't but a bunch of cheapos instead of BF.

...........Agreed about scouting though.
Admittedly it was a poor example, he was just the last player I remember us having a real chance of signing and was ballsed it.

I'm sure there are plenty of better examples.. Njie, N'koudou, Stambouli, Gedson.

Back
Top Bottom