January 2023 Transfer Thread. The Big One

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True to form, Levy trying to rape the South African economy too. In a country that doesn't have proper Health Care, Education, running water for all and adequate food supply, he is trying to get a sponsorship. How low can you stoop.

LEVNIC is one of the most toxic partnerships on this planet. It goes beyond football. I will always be Spurs at heart but I will never be LEVNIC

LEVY and ENIC OUT!!!!!

Fucking state of you.

Absolute moron.

davies solid? lol. we talking about the same davies here? in contes system the defenders see a lot of the ball, you need technical competence back there in this system. lenglet and romero the only two at the club we have who have any respectable technique on the ball.

davies is only slightly better at actual defending than lenglet, hes a long way off him in terms of on the ball...long, long way.

sess? awful, little scared kid playing a mans game. reminds me of winks

I do have a belief that defenders have to defend as well.

I do agree - Lenglet has good technique, but fuck me, his reactions, acceleration, pace and mobility are shockingly poor. You cannot have a defender in the side who has good ball control but cannot stop opposition from attacking our goal. He is good passer but really poor defender. And for that reason I am much happier to see Davies starting - he can do the bare minimum we need from defender - which is defending.

Just watching we are tottenham tv and an irish guy raises a great point.

When Jose throws players under the bus, everyone hated him.
Now we have half a squad that need to be thrown under a bus and the coach stays fairly quiet.

I do have a belief that defenders have to defend as well.

I do agree - Lenglet has good technique, but fuck me, his reactions, acceleration, pace and mobility are shockingly poor. You cannot have a defender in the side who has good ball control but cannot stop opposition from attacking our goal. He is good passer but really poor defender. And for that reason I am much happier to see Davies starting - he can do the bare minimum we need from defender - which is defending.
we have one defender at the entire club who can defend and thats romero. davies gets done by any decent forward, dier backs off non stop and when he does put a challenge in the donkey bollox bounces off little hobbits like marcus edwards.. sanchez, just look what gundgogan done to him, turned him into a farm animal, the cunt was eating grass!

we have shocking defenders! bar romero that entire backline needs upgrading. lenglet is shit at defending but the rest of them arent much better. the fact hes just a good player on the ball is why i favour him because at least he has 1 positive to his game.

Now we have half a squad that need to be thrown under a bus and the coach stays fairly quiet.
Going to the media resolves nothing. He needs to bollock them in private, and bench a few who are in poor form.

Yep and Danjuma but suppose we have to see how he does first.

Lenglet I think is 'ok' but I wouldn't rush to buy him, depends upon who else is available

Danjuma is a bit of an unknown, so need to see how he does in 2nd half of season on loan and also see who is else is available as our 5th forward (in effect replacing Moura) and whether we think Danjuma could be an alternative for Son .

That's not a great point at all.

It's dumb.

Lenglet I think is 'ok' but I wouldn't rush to buy him, depends upon who else is available

Buying him under any circumstances would be a terrible idea..... And no amount of HG juggling would make it any better.

He's rubbish. He's the worst defender (for that's his job!) we have.

Buying him under any circumstances would be a terrible idea..... And no amount of HG juggling would make it any better.

Agree. Whatever upsides he has, he'd just be another middling CB at best. We can only accept that if they're a backup position, and if it's backup position we're better off getting a HG player like Dunk, Tarkowski etc.

This and 5 out of the the 8 players out on loan (Ndombele, Lo Celso, Reguilon, Rodon, Winks) generally on high wages so buying clubs not keen to take them is the reason why we are restricted on numbers coming in, and why I'm not surprised Doherty needed to go..

When Reguilon was signed, a Spanish international, not wanted back at Barcelona from his Seville loan as Barca had other LB's, I thought he'd be a very good pick up. Sadly not the case.

In the summer Lloris contract runs out as does Moura so that's 2 overseas trained players places which become vacant ..... and we already have spaces in the Association trained places, so an HG goalkeeper or HG player in any other position the squad needs to fill of the right quality is the way to go.

Regarding that Tweet - I don't think we can sell Davidson Sanchez until we bring someone in for his position.

Lenglet is not HG, so no idea why you are bringing that up.

He have vacant spots in our squad for HG, but too many overseas trained, some out on loan. So from that point of view an HG defender would be good.

I really dont think a manager throwing players under a bus serves any purpose other than to alienate the squad and create cliques. He threw that Chelsea physio under a bus, that went well for him. Besides i dont agree that Conte hasn't done it, see Djed Spence.

I will maintain until my dying breath, that the game plan isn't to sit back. We sit back because we aren't good enough to win the ball back and keep it against teams who are aggressive. As soon as we fall back we struggle.
The above are all Conte-Tottenham games where we played the whole game on the front foot and smashed the opposition.

That's just a few off the top of my head.
We need to get back to playing without fear. The fear, IMO, is born out of the error prone defence and everyone last ditch defending all the time.
Well we are pretty adept at being on the front foot when trailing , which we inevitably are . Clearly we can do it , I think it is by choice not to initially

Going to the media resolves nothing. He needs to bollock them in private, and bench a few who are in poor form.
I'd agree if there were adequate replacements. I think Son has ridden his luck just by having no one to challenge him. Now he has 2 breathing down his neck.
The defence are all shit. Doesn't matter what shit you play, you get shit.

No, I don't rate him highly at all but I don't believe that Reguilon is an upgrade.
He is an upgrade just for the fact he's completely unpredictable. Sess is the opposite, you know what he's going to do before he knows he's going to do.
I don't think Regiullon knows what he's going to do.

Back
Top Bottom