January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look at him!
I bet he wear Chelsea boxer shorts,has a love heart with "CHELS" written through it tattooed on his chest,and "carefree" tattooed round his belly button.
I really dont want this bloke
Can you imagine the meltdown in Fulham if he came? This guy's a pro and will bust a gut whichever team he plays for. He's their captain FFS!!

If Ange wants then Ange should get

His priority Q's in order were:

1. Do you have anyone that thinks they are faster than me at Rubiks? I must beat them. I love challenges.

2. As you can see I have man bun, does anyone else here play Hacky Sack? I am best in all Romania at Hacky Sack.

3. How good are the Romanian restaurants in London?

4. Do you think Van de Ven is more beautiful than me?

5. How much will I be paid?
He may inspire this man-bun guy to come out of retirement... :rolleyes:

Gareth Bale Real Madrid 2019-20
Getty Images

We've outgrown him, we need to move on, no room for sentiment if you want to be a big club.
This is something we need to do. We should not accept mediocrity now. Keeping a player who is happy to be a bit part player at his age tells you about the mentality of the player. Maybe he will want to leave to get games and I’d have more respect for him if he did. There will be so many players that come 32/33 will be lucky to have started 250 games!! That’s not what you want to be looking back on later in life. Find a level that you can perform to a high standard and you might find a way back up but you’ve got to play.

We've outgrown him, we need to move on, no room for sentiment if you want to be a big club.
if Angelos thinks so, yes, of course he'll leave in the summer. But I think he look better and better in his cameos for Spurs recently. I am hope he makes the cut for next season's squad (i.e. that he impressed enough for honor).

If in the summer we offloaded Skipp and PEH, and bought Eze and added Devine/Donley, that would be great. Sarr, Biss and Bentancour gives us enough at no.6, and then Bent, Sarr, Eze, Lo Celso, Devine/Donley, Madders and Kulu for the two 8/10 positions.
So you expect us to start our UCL campaign a player down and relying on a L2 star(?) and a player who Ange does not yet trust to start any game for THFC?

It would take a big personality, IMO, to leave Chelsea for Spurs.
I hate to use the Judas **** as an example, but he was so convinced of his own self worth and talent, he had no problem crossing the divide. And that was way. way worse than Chelsea to Spurs.
You could even Argue that Gallas had enough about him to come the other way

if Angelos thinks so, yes, of course he'll leave in the summer. But I think he look better and better in his cameos for Spurs recently. I am hope he makes the cut for next season's squad (i.e. that he impressed enough for honor).
I hope someone at THFC knows the UEFA rules and we don't get fucked like we did when Doc was given away.

Inverted right back??? Firstly he’s not mobile enough,secondly he can’t drive with the ball,thirdly he can’t really pass the ball well or quick enough,fourthly you need to be a goal threat in Ange’s system playing inverted FB and lastly when he would find himself in a natural right back position he’d struggle to defend on a 1 v 1 situation.

That’s only my opinion but what’s your reasons for thinking he could play that role?

So you expect us to start our UCL campaign a player down and relying on a L2 star(?) and a player who Ange does not yet trust to start any game for THFC?
If Skip leaves that player would get his minutes in other competitions.

Not saying he should leave but if we have a better player it makes sense to let go regardless of CL places.

Inverted right back??? Firstly he’s not mobile enough,secondly he can’t drive with the ball,thirdly he can’t really pass the ball well or quick enough,fourthly you need to be a goal threat in Ange’s system playing inverted FB and lastly when he would find himself in a natural right back position he’d struggle to defend on a 1 v 1 situation.

That’s only my opinion but what’s your reasons for thinking he could play that role?

I think he is mobile enough
I think he could be more of a goal threat if in the situation for it, i.e., goal vs chelsea
Think he's a decent ball winner and could maybe adjust to defending 1v1 quite easily because he has good balance.

Not saying I'd sign him to do it but if Emerson could adjust to it, Skipp could.

Saying that, we probably need to look at a back up FB that can invert on both sides pretty soon.

Because the name Skipp reminds Angelos of his childhood favorite program - Skippy the bush kangaroo :cool:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hByob-5pPEs

Back
Top Bottom