January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst you have a valid point, it's worth remembering that Kane had a low conversion rate, particularly when compared to Son.

Eh? He was 7 goals ahead of xG last season, which other than Son I assume was the second best in England. The only season Kane has ever been even on xG was the Nuno & Conte season. Generally he’s exceptionally clinical, this season unerringly so.

Son is an outlier in that he’s mind-boggling good at getting more than he’s expected to. Possibly the most clinical forward around.

I would expect some improvement in 15 games plus training sessions. I just don't think almost mil is his true worth
And I am probably the most patient person I know....can't afford to rush or get excited in my business....
If "the most patient person" is writing someone off after 15 games, I'd hate to see what an impatient person would do.

I understand the sentiment in general that O'Keefe makes, but regarding Gallagher specifically, isn't it very much a flog him in January to balance the books for this tax year kind of thing for Chelsea? It's too late for that come the summer.
If it’s to late and no one buys him the upside is we can look forward to them getting docked points

Whilst you have a valid point, it's worth remembering that Kane had a low conversion rate, particularly when compared to Son.

All that being said, only a fool would say we'd not have a higher GPG with Kane playing.

I'd love to have seen what he could do within this system, but he made his choice. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he regrets it.
If you are talking about shot conversion rate you are incorrect.

Since the start of last season:

Mitoma (26 yrs): 10G 9A
Johnson (22 yrs): 9G 7A (most of the goals in a shittier team)

Why would Mitoma be our longer term target?

He wouldn’t. We are not spending 80m plus in the summer on a 27 year old (as he would be after may) and nor should we to be honest

That Johnson transfer makes me wince.

I can go along with the system being the Kane replacement theory in as much as you maximise what you have.

But we need him to come good.
hey arnold nicksplat GIF

Back
Top Bottom