January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stopping the game so they can make announcements....next thing we'll be having time outs and tv adverts...it's the thin end of the wedge allowing American sports ethos encroach on our game.

American sports.... Like Rugby. :ange-lol:

p.s. The game won't need to stop for any longer than it currently is.

Stopping the game so they can make announcements....next thing we'll be having time outs and tv adverts...it's the thin end of the wedge allowing American sports ethos encroach on our game.
This ^ The extra time we get now is just one step away from ushering in a game clock.

A lot of decisions will always be subjective , but at least pre-var we knew the ref just called it as they saw it , and mistakes were more understandable and forgivable. Now they spend ages looking at slow mo’s and pontificating over decisions and still get them horribly wrong anyway.

I don’t even like the line drawing for offsides. I know it was against us , but for me goals like Oscar Bobb’s one against us the other day should stand . If you have to start drawing lines to see if marginal decisions are correct or not , the referee decision on the field should stand IMO

The extra time we get now is just one step away from ushering in a game clock.

We effectively have it already (hence the increase in added time) and it's killing a lot of the time-wasting >>> Good thing.

Regardless; making an announcement will take no further time.

A lot of decisions will always be subjective , but at least pre-var we knew the ref just called it as they saw it , and mistakes were more understandable and forgiveae.

They weren't being forgiven/forgivable(?) any more than they are now.

Bad, costly decisions don't get forgiven or forgotten.......

I like your opinions. A lot.

I remember Nico Claesen too, must be circa 87/88? Although I can’t remember if he was any good or not , I do remember thinking he must be good with a name like Nico Claesen.
86/87 after the Mexico 86 World Cup. He had a great World Cup and got to the semis with Belgium. He was very quick and could finish. I loved that team under Pleat. That was my favourite time as a Tottenham supporter.

No I wasn’t.

Errrr.... You certainly appeared to be.

This ^ The extra time we get now is just one step away from ushering in a game clock.

Perhaps check.... Looks like someone hacked your account; fella.

You're talking out your bottom again matey.

FxruS-aWcAE84Mw.jpg:large

You'll be telling us Forbes is an unreliable source, next. . :harrylol:

I'll spell it out for you

Most P. R. O. F. I. T. A. B. L. E
How can you get an X for that post?! Ridiculous

I think it was justified because a) we’d struggle to attract a top tier one at the time and b) they don’t really exist.

If we get CL football with Ange (looks eminently possible) I’d like to see a forward who moves the needle come in. Doesn’t necessarily have to be a CF but our forward line needs more quality and we need to do some future planning round Son.
My man, you've just come back from yet another ban and you're already on a yellow! How the eck you managed that? Someones on here out to get you for good or what...

Airfixx - I respect your views and normally have a good laugh at your comments, but I am just not a fan of VAR . I appreciate a lot of people like VAR , or consider it to be a work in progress, or like the technology but not the implementation… .

But for me, I think VAR is a stinking pile of shit.

I preferred watching games in the stadium and on tv without VAR. And I also understand that things change and that I’m a miserable old bastard.

Back
Top Bottom