January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep it's definitely happening

5 mil transfer fee and 10k a week in wages is what I've heard
If we paid £50M for a bang average player then serious questions would need to be asked on who is selecting these players for big money. Together with the money spent on BJ and veluz £15M we could have got a real top quality attacking player.

Airfixx - I respect your views and normally have a good laugh at your comments, but I am just not a fan of VAR . I appreciate a lot of people like VAR , or consider it to be a work in progress, or like the technology but not the implementation… .

But for me, I think VAR is a stinking pile of shit.

I preferred watching games in the stadium and on tv without VAR. And I also understand that things change and that I’m a miserable old bastard.
Talking of officials, where's the lady assistant referee?

If we paid £50M for a bang average player then serious questions would need to be asked on who is selecting these players for big money. Together with the money spent on BJ and veluz £15M we could have got a real top quality attacking player.
I smell agents....

Don't think we'll get any further additions before the window closes tomorrow.

We shouldn't just be signing for the sake of making a signing. Gallagher is clearly someone who Ange really rates.. If it isn't to happen this window then wait until the summer. Our midfield is more than enough considering we have a game a week until the end of the season now.

Nusa is an exciting prospect, but if he's carrying a potential dangerous injury already, and is yet starting from Brugges then I can understand why we aren't paying what they want.
So it is Ange then who wants CG just like he wanted BJ?

The window in June is short and if something happens to Gallagher say an injury they can’t sell or sell for much. They need the money for June 30th for FFP and having a two week summer window is a massive gamble. The media is constantly reporting Gallagher to us, Broja for sale, this is Chelsea shitting their pants and getting the word out they need sales now.
CG cannot get into the England squad / team over a bench sitting Kalvin Phillips! Spam look to have got a good deal getting him and jota in on loan. Is that better than what we have done so far. Could Philips have provided a good option as a 6? Would jota be better than Werner and a diff type of wide player to what we have?

Airfixx - I respect your views and normally have a good laugh at your comments, but I am just not a fan of VAR .

If that's what it boils down to then c'est la vie.

Personally, the current situ frustrates me because VAR could - and should - be so much better than it is... And if it was; it wouldn't be alienating so many people who are now just sick of it and want rid.

Might as well stick Donley on the pitch if we need him for that then.
For some reason we as club/manager don’t want to play our academy players. Unlike say dippers where kloop throws them in and really backs them up. I have no idea why we are so reluctant to play our academy players but would be happy to buy a young player from overseas and play them!

Back
Top Bottom