Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's a strange synopsis...... I'd say "a CB who likes to go and get the ball off the opponent" exactly describes Romero.

ok, perhaps I should be saying he's more 'aggressive' in going forward to get the ball off opponents. I guess we all see players slightly differently

But I'm certainly in favour of trying him when more experienced players like Sanchez are not playing to the level we would hope. He's had a few injuries in first team football (almost never happened in Spurs youth) but generally think he's been unlucky not to have been played more

ok, perhaps I should be saying he's more 'aggressive' in going forward to get the ball off opponents. I guess we all see players slightly differently

I see Rom as "aggressive" too..... I hadn't though of it before now, but, if anything, they're quite similar in this respect.

Tanganga has limited experience - played almost 50 games for Spurs, half in PL over about 4 years covering for LB, RB and CB.

He's a CB who likes to go and get the ball off the opponent, rather than wait for the opponent to try to get past him (so plays a different type of CB game to Romero).

He's a real tryer and gives his all which can overcome some of the limitations from experience, so whilst not a first choice, I'd certainly be happy to play him if one of our first choice defenders is not available.

Isn’t that more like Romero, who also likes to steam in and win the ball?

I think Tanganga had opportunities to move in the summer and chose not to take them didn’t he?

I think we know what Sanchez offers by now but with Japhet there may be still more to come.

Prone to mistakes when playing right back but with the right player next to him to keep him switched on, maybe an option.

I’ve seen enough from Sanchez so I’d be keen to give Japhet an opportunity.

Needs to be sold, now.

Not a CB.

He needs to go be a DM, somewhere.

Don't think he's got the mentality to hack it for where we want to be.

Always liked Japh, and would love it to work, but think it's the end of the road on this one.

He just doesn’t have the right physical qualities to be a CB. He is 6ft tall yet he always looks small up against physical strikers and is weak in the air.

If he is going to have any career at a high level it will be as a full back.

Awful performance. Again. But what can you expect when he's barely been seen this year? He's hardly going to come on against an aggressive side like Brentford and boss it. His confidence is probably shot.

Sell him for his and our sakes.

Back
Top Bottom