Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“I’m really looking forward to the opportunity to play for FC Augsburg in the Bundesliga. The Bundesliga now enjoys a very good reputation in England, which is why more and more players from the Premier League are taking this route. Now I want to help the FCA achieve its goals and prove myself in an environment that is new to me,” says Japhet Tanganga.

“Japhet is a very well-trained and flexible defender who is characterized by his physicality and strength in duels. With Japhet, our team gains a player with experience at the highest level who will continue to develop at FCA. “With his qualities, he will give our team more defensive options,” says FCA sporting director Marinko Jurendic.

Amazing it took this long to get him a loan. Levy really needs to think how badly he screwed up this guys development by not getting him regular first team football at an earlier stage. He coulda been a HG defensive option for us for years, but instead he’s now looking at a lower league and lower career ceiling.

I frigging hate how Levy has handled our youth. Fucking disaster.

Spurs said conditional obligation - so likely an option which becomes an obligation only if Japh hits certain targets (eg 75% of games played)
It was reported that it's if Augsburg stays up OR if he hits an unknown appearances threshold.

I'm interested to see how he does there, and indeed where he plays.

No-nonsense defensively minded fullback always struck me as his highest calling.

Amazing it took this long to get him a loan. Levy really needs to think how badly he screwed up this guys development by not getting him regular first team football at an earlier stage. He coulda been a HG defensive option for us for years, but instead he’s now looking at a lower league and lower career ceiling.

I frigging hate how Levy has handled our youth. Fucking disaster.

Agreed but substitute 'coaches' for Levy

Poch ignored Tanganga other than giving him a couple of pre-season games. And that's not dissimilar to other youngsters treatment. And refused to loan out youngsters.

Mourhino gave Tangaga his debut and a few other starts, but no run of games.

Conte not only ignored youth but interrupted youth training sessions,

Its clear that the youth development should be under control of a DoF not a coach unless coach wants to actually play youngsters

It was reported that it's if Augsburg stays up OR if he hits an unknown appearances threshold.

I'm interested to see how he does there, and indeed where he plays.

No-nonsense defensively minded fullback always struck me as his highest calling.

I think CB - he played LCB or RCB throughout youth , never FB. Aggressive CB with decent pace, slightly short as a CB at just under 6 foot. .

Yeah, I just see that set of characteristics playing more strongly where he has more mobility out wide.

His best Tottenham performances were as a fullback. We'll see.

TBF I think he's a pretty versatile defender.

I think he can play either FB role and LCB or RCB, and it maybe that versatility hasn't actually helped and he needs to learn one role, but I'm sure if he manager is short of defenders Tanganga will always be an option -

Back
Top Bottom