Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is only 21. How can you reach such a definitive opinion of the kid?

You see flaws and no strengths. I see a kid that has a ton of potential that is capable of playing all over the back four. He is not a polished player yet, but the dude is only 21!

Seriously, no offense, but it is utterly ridiculous to make such claims about a player that young.
I could not agree with you more. Utterly insane judgements. He has not even finished physically developing yet. I urge people to watch the game that Kane scored a hatrick against Southampton. I rewatched it recently he is marked, for most of the game by VVD who is years older than Japhet. He makes Tanganga against Wolves look like Franco Barasi. He is woeful: weak headless and beaten easily in the tackle, positionally inept and scarily slow. The idea that within 18 months (let alone the years Tanganga has ahead to learn) he would be on the Balon dor shortlist would seem impossible. People do not learn. Same with Bale who at the same amount of games as Tanganga had shown far less.

FFS...

Youngster Japhet Tanganga has reportedly been ruled out of Spurs' restart to the Premier League season with a stress fracture to his back.

The Telegraph claim there is hope that the defender will play before the end of the season and he has been placed on a fitness programme that will not aggravate his back even further.

Don't want to talk bad about Poch, but aren't his higher number of training sessions an important part of this problem?

Not sure.

We've had misdiagnosis, late diagnosis and injuries long before Poch got here and it's the same medical team isn't it!?

The club also needs to be more ruthless; Lamela is a nice lad and a decent player on his day, but should've been sold years ago, one of the most injury-prone players in the history of the league! He will probably end up 'playing' a decade for our club.

The club also needs to be more ruthless; Lamela is a nice lad and a decent player on his day, but should've been sold years ago, one of the most injury-prone players in the history of the league! He will probably end up 'playing' a decade for our club.
3E5DWkz2bPPbH3PZ79kx6j-1200-80.jpg
...but Argentinian.

Probably because a half fit Lamela is our most productive player behind Kane and Son.

Says a lot about the rest, but we shouldn't have a player in the squad who is either injured or half fit.

I assume that's why he's around though.

Whilst not on the same level, it's probably the same reason we keep Kane as our number one, haven't really tried to find another striker and barely rest him when he's coming back.

Over the last 2 seasons, Kane has missed more games than Lamela due to injury. However Kane still produces more than anyone (same amount as Son).

Back
Top Bottom