Jermaine Jenas: Pundit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I did enjoy him moaning about our sloppy play while watching a replay, then they quickly cut the replay to show us score the equaliser, making him look like an idiot

Regardless of any bias he may have towards spurs, I think Jenas is a good pundit. Expresses him well, has sensible opinions (I don't mean by 'sensible' that I agree with everything he says, but he makes a case well), and is interesting to listen to.

Likeable too.

It's all Jenas's fault. :adegrin:

Keown must be shitting the bed that our boy is the new footballer on the block who actually is intellegent and can string a full sentence together, poor old monkeys head's won't have as much take home this year!

Get in there JJ! :mong:

Maybe I'm being duped, but I think Keown is the fairest to us out of all of them.

JJ is the only ' Spurs ' pundit who doesn't seem to hold a grudge against the club, unlike Hoddle and both Rednapps who are supposed to be there to counter the Scouser/ Manc / Chav/ Scum pundit's obvious and trumpeted bias and offer some balance, and they do anything but, turncoats.

It's cause he's a genuine personality I think. Taken to it as naturally as Lineker did.

Shame Ledley couldn't talk on camera without coming across as wooden.

Too much time hanging round with Fat Frank's missus on the One Show....... The chav-ness has rubbed off on him.

Seriously though he's always followed the Hoddle-route of over-compensating when tryin to avoid bias when talking about Spurs; but fuck him...... He's just been bitter about us ever since Poch left.
Agree with all, but Alex Jones isn't married to Fat Frank, his missus hasn't been on the One Show in ages:)

He's pretty good.....and what's more I'd rather have him playing for us now then some of the shower of shit we currently see take the field every week. A hot and cold player, but at least you'd get some good stuff out of him.

haha have I started something here?

The old Chelsea, Paul Furlong and Mark Stein - wait... Chelsea fans dont even know what I am talking about??

giphy.gif

Maybe I'm being duped, but I think Keown is the fairest to us out of all of them.

No you are right, as he has intellegence, he always did, can actually see what goes on not just a myriad of cliche's

IN general I have always said defenders make the best pundits as they read and watch the game

Owen, Wright, Shearer clueless, Hansen, Keown, Neville, Carragher far better

It was painful listening to him today and he's been getting worse over time. Never heard so much negativity in all of my life, it almost feels like he goes out of his way to say bad things about us or overemphasise how the other team deserve a win/penalty/decision just to prove he's not biased towards Spurs.

Ah, Mike Dean syndrome. Terrible illness with no known cure. Thoughts and prayers for Jermaine and his family.

:mong:

No you know what it is? He is simply a Poch man ,and like a lot of us that miss him he is STILL butt hurt over the sacking. He is not being objective about us, and he's not being honest about how bad we were at the end under the Argentine.
Since the end of the 2016-2017 season, our ability to control games has frittered away to nothing, but all of these fucking pundits are talking as if we were in our pomp right up to the time of Poch's sacking. It boils my piss. Last season, we played Harry-Redknapp football that got worse as the season went on. It was basketball.

Your point is a good one, but I expect better from people who are being paid for their opinions. This season is a salvage operation. I was so hurt watching that last night, but these people in the media are not putting things into context. We didn't sign anyone all of last season. We signed 4 guys last summer, and only one of them has found his feet. And that's just for starters.

As regards Jenas, my issues with him transcend his cry-wanking over our "style" of play right now. It is the excuses he is making for certain players, too.

A few wankers disagreed with me last summer when I said GLC would be an upgrade on Eriksen. Well, he's starting to show what he is about now. Bergwijn is another who can control a football. Guys like that have been in short supply around here. And with Ndombele getting up to speed (I think he is the best footballer we've had since Modric), suddenly some of our pretenders will be shown up for what they really are.

Back
Top Bottom