Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What from his performance today makes you think that? Are there other performances that blew you away?

Made some important clearances, did well in quite a few 1 on 1s (including one out wide against the speedy Werner), won his fair share of headers, etc.

Was this game too much for him too soon? Probably, and it showed in a couple of moments. But at the end of the day they held a clean sheet at Stamford Bridge against a very dangerous Chelsea side. Absolutely absurd if you’re expecting him to step in and be prime Ledley King. This was a lot to ask of a defender who only has only really played Championship football at the club level.

Made some important clearances, did well in quite a few 1 on 1s (including one out wide against the speedy Werner), won his fair share of headers, etc.

Was this game too much for him too soon? Probably, and it showed in a couple of moments. But at the end of the day they held a clean sheet at Stamford Bridge against a very dangerous Chelsea side. Absolutely absurd if you’re expecting him to step in and be prime Ledley King. This was a lot to ask of a defender who only has only really played Championship football at the club level.
Fair enough.
He needs to win a spot in the starting 11 in my view. Needs to prove himself in Europa or come off the bench when we have a comfortable lead.
Don't want to see him in a PL match until we see him steady as a rock in some smaller matches.

Fair enough.
He needs to win a spot in the starting 11 in my view. Needs to prove himself in Europa or come off the bench when we have a comfortable lead.
Don't want to see him in a PL match until we see him steady as a rock in some smaller matches.
He isn't registered for the Europa yet.

A young player in a must not lose game for his debut against players of that calibre, I thought he showed enough to convince me he'll be a great addition to our squad.

He made some iffy calls but he played his part in the clean sheet overall and mistakes like that are easily ironed out if worked on.

Overall very happy he's a Spurs player, has a good ceiling on him and you can tell he means it when he says about putting his body on the line. Solid young signing, well done on the clean sheet Joe

Young defender playing with a partner and backline he's never played with before (see how stylistically he is used to making runs into midfield?), debuting against an in-form attacking team at one of if not the toughest ground in this league, and a derby at that - I'm not really sure what people were expecting if not nerves 😅 Even if he were an experienced 50m defender from Serie A I'd say we need to give him time and not judge him on today.

I wish we could've given him a gentler ramp up, but the main thing for me is I think surviving today will be huge for him and we'll see the nerves settle. Be patient, there's more to come :)

Jesus Christ, are there Spurs fans on here seriously criticising him? This young lad has just played his full debut against probably one of the best sides in the division, kept a clean sheet and got a busted lip to show for it. Yes, he made a few errors, but as proven by the interview, he’s not happy with that, so proves what a professional he is. Excellent from Rodon, I thought he was solid as fuck at times. Played mate, good debut.

First real look at him and no doubt there were a few nerves, but he has good physical attributes to succeed. Tall, decent pace and agility, and although we didn't see too much of it today, looks like he's capable enough on the ball.

Playing with a new team, let alone a step up as big at this, was always going to be hard. But he's come through without letting anyone down. Well done.

The mistakes he made are the sort he can iron out as he gets games.

You've got a bad memory. Sanchez has been a walking calamity for a while. Clean sheets since he's been out the side. Rodon is rightly ahead of him and will only get better.
Surely the point is he looked as good as Sanchez in his first full game with two of the same flaws. Solid start, ive seen truly great careers that started with the same level of lapse Ledley included

Thought he grew into the game well after a shaky start, bar the fluffed header back to Lloris. Solid foundation to kick on from, could be a very dependable and solid CB after a year or 2's seasoning

Surely the point is he looked as good as Sanchez in his first full game with two of the same flaws. Solid start, ive seen truly great careers that started with the same level of lapse Ledley included

Tanganga was at fault for the Liverpool winner on his debut.

Yet you still have people calling him the heir to Ledley.

Back
Top Bottom