Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We also need to remember CBs (and GKs) are the last to mature and peak in football. at such a young age, at such an important stage he's prone to make tiny errors. It's the next three years that will say if he'll go down the Toby path or the Sanchez one. Overall I'm positive about him

I thought he looked ungainly and uncomfortable and yet did his job really well, overall.

He's maybe just someone who moves in a slightly different way from what you'd expect of a footballer. A few times today it looked like he was going to make an arse of something and then he did exactly the right thing.

An encouraging enough full debut for him.

I don’t want to appear mean but think there are questions. Losing the ball from which they scored their offside goal can happen and doesn’t overly faze me.
The header to Lloris was misjudged and hopefully won’t be repeated. My main concern is the two crosses which Abraham beat him to. I thought that he was signed in part because he is good in the air. If he had been beaten to the header by Giroud I could forgive this (Giroud is world class at headers), however I expected him to do better than Abraham in the air, and think this will take some time to coach him into improving this aspect of his game.
At the moment I would have more faith in Tanganga rather than Rodon if Toby is out injured

I don’t want to appear mean but think there are questions. Losing the ball from which they scored their offside goal can happen and doesn’t overly faze me.
The header to Lloris was misjudged and hopefully won’t be repeated. My main concern is the two crosses which Abraham beat him to. I thought that he was signed in part because he is good in the air. If he had been beaten to the header by Giroud I could forgive this (Giroud is world class at headers), however I expected him to do better than Abraham in the air, and think this will take some time to coach him into improving this aspect of his game.
At the moment I would have more faith in Tanganga rather than Rodon if Toby is out injured

You think 6ft Tanganga is gonna be better in the air than 6ft 3 Rodon? And more importantly, you think Mourinho does? Even when he's already told us he thinks Tanganga is a full back?

I think I can easily explain this for you....

The quality of opposition is of a higher standard than anything he's ever faced before. He's taken a step up from being a championship also-ran to being thrust into a top of the table EPL battle. He'll need to acclimatise.

Last edited:
We bought a player from the championship and we question his performance on his first start in possibly the most difficult PL match he can have ? TFC can be a tough audience.

Made a couple of mistakes which could have cost us but for most of the time a very solid performance.

Will need time to learn PL and improve, but a decent start : we knew we were not buying the finished player so that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone

but a decent start
Really wasn't a decent performance at all...

He had 3 big chances created.... for the opposition. On a different day, Chelsea would have scored 3 goals just off of Rodon's mistakes and we would have been fuming.

If this was a "decent" performance, I'd like to know what a poor performance is.

I'm not saying he can't be a good player, but he absolutely had a dreadful performance.

He had 3 big chances created.... for the opposition. On a different day, Chelsea would have scored 3 goals just off of Rodon's mistakes and we would have been fuming.

If this was a "decent" performance, I'd like to know what a poor performance is.

I'm not saying he can't be a good player, but he absolutely had a dreadful performance.

He improved as the game went on, but he had a few potentially catastrophic mistakes. He also looked poor / nervous on the ball.

He has some real potential and I expect him to be quite a bit better in two years. I wouldn’t start him in another big game this season.

I liked the look of him.

The errors will be removed with experience and game time, but I thought his positional awareness was very good and he read the game pretty well.

There’s a player in there I think. Don’t see a world beater, but expect him to contribute to the squad.

Kept a clean sheet against one of the best attacks in the division? a dreadful performance?

If you must troll at least make it half decent ....

A poor performance is when you let the opposition score six - see Man Utd v Spurs for help on how not to defend. Are you sure you understand football?

Back
Top Bottom