Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

0 goals conceded when Rodon in on the pitch.

If this trend continues...

cRzjXWQ.png

He's played 4 games for Spurs, and has never had the sinking feeling of watching a goal go in past him. What a charmed life.

We need to see what this guy has to offer. Our shitty set piece defending cannot continue.

I really hope Rodon wasn't a desperation buy.
The guy needs to be given some minutes.
None of the CBs are exactly impressing at the moment.
I hope he starts a few shortly. We're not conceding too many chances but mostly because we plug the gaps between two limited CB's (who have both done well enough in that system, to be fair). Rodon has a bit of class about him, but definitely needs plenty of PL minutes to improve.

I hope he starts a few shortly. We're not conceding too many chances but mostly because we plug the gaps between two limited CB's (who have both done well enough in that system, to be fair). Rodon has a bit of class about him, but definitely needs plenty of PL minutes to improve.
I just don't see what Dier/Toby are doing which means they are automatic starters.
Rodon therefore 100% deserves the chance.

I just don't see what Dier/Toby are doing which means they are automatic starters.
Rodon therefore 100% deserves the chance.
Toby is very good in 1v1 situations and scrambles in the box, and he doesn't do retarded shit like Sanchez or Dier, which is why we need him. but his set piece defending is horrific, he's towered over by at least 2 opposition players every time, and he can't really even jump.

Dier seems more expendable, but the thing is he's quite good at dealing with aerial threats and big CFs, and just replacing him with Rodon doesn't fix the fact that Toby's aerial weakness is still there.

So, who should he replace? Hard to say.

Maybe a back 3, and dump Bergwijn's auxiliary RB role, and use a CB to back up aurier. Or a midfielder like Sabitzer or Bissouma can actually be a decent option in set pieces, as I think Sissoko active harms our set piece defending.

Last edited by a moderator:
My worry is that if gets a chance to play, makes a mistake (which will probably happen as he hasn't had much playing time) and then everyone, including Jose, goes into meltdown and he ends up loaned up to a League 1 club.

I really hope Rodon wasn't a desperation buy.
The guy needs to be given some minutes.
None of the CBs are exactly impressing at the moment.
Why would he have been a desperation buy?

He's 23 and was by all accounts one of the very best CBs in the Championship.

People bang on about us signing top talent from the Champo and when we do it's called desparation?

Weird.

My worry is that if gets a chance to play, makes a mistake (which will probably happen as he hasn't had much playing time) and then everyone, including Jose, goes into meltdown and he ends up loaned up to a League 1 club.
You can just see it can't you. We stuffed him with the Europ eligibility as it was a perfect forum for him to force his way in. I worry for him. Had he been faultless against Chelsea Jose would have been patting himself on the back, as soon as they hit a bump suddenly you see his lack of real commitment to the player. Tanganga,injuries aside deserves more too.

Like Tanganga got last season he needs a run of matches rather than a 1 off to allow him to settle. I selected him for the Fulham match but now we do not need to rest players for Saturday I cannot see him playing until Marine and then when?

Like Tanganga got last season he needs a run of matches rather than a 1 off to allow him to settle. I selected him for the Fulham match but now we do not need to rest players for Saturday I cannot see him playing until Marine and then when?

I think we'll register him to our Europa League squad ahead of Sanchez - so probably Wolfsberger.

Then again there are rumours we are after a new centre back.

I'd genuinely like to see him up against Leeds in place of Dier, he's presumably played against them and is familar with them from the championship seasons.

Leeds are not much of aerial threat, and their forwards aren't big brutes, but quick/agile. Rodon must surely be a bit more agile than Dier, while retaining a lot of the aerial prowess to head back the long balls coming his way.

I'd genuinely like to see him up against Leeds in place of Dier, he's presumably played against them and is familar with them from the championship seasons.

Leeds are not much of aerial threat, and their forwards aren't big brutes, but quick/agile. Rodon must surely be a bit more agile than Dier, while retaining a lot of the aerial prowess to head back the long balls coming his way.
He is no match for Deir in the air,its the weakest part of his game...

Back
Top Bottom