Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's 22 and thus far he's been playing for Swansea in the Championship.

Bit of a stretch to expect him to walk into a top Premiership side and shore up a defence that is already suspect. One for the future possibly but to expect big things from him now is crazy.

Not sure if he starts against Burnley to be honest.

But it'd definitely show us what he's all about. Big strong physical team and Woods would give him a welcoming.

Bit of a stretch to expect him to walk into a top Premiership side and shore up a defence that is already suspect. One for the future possibly but to expect big things from him now is crazy.

I don’t think anyone is expecting big things - they just want better than the likes of Sanchez who would be poor in the Championship.

I think if paired with Toby that he won't have to shore up too much.

The issue with the defense is Dier and Sanchez so if we can limit, or ideally eliminate, them from PL games then not much is needed from Rodon other than not sucking as Toby is good enough to hold his own.

I don’t think anyone is expecting big things - they just want better than the likes of Sanchez who would be poor in the Championship.
Sanchez, Toby and Even Tanganga are all BAD playing left side. Vertonghen's sudden decline really messed up the balance of the defence. Until we see what Rodon's about, Dier is the only competent one there.

If Rodon can come in and a do a good job that is great. Still Toby is declining and we also need a proper DM IMO. Obvious the areas we have to improve. Frustrating today but Mourinho will know what needs to be done.

Also Sissoko just can’t play football he needs to be moved on.

You still think we concede them 3 today with Dier? I don’t

I think it is certainly possible.

I don't see anything in Dier's game that would indicate we wouldn't. He is the clearly 3rd best CB out of him, Sanchez and Toby.

I doubt the game would have gone the same way and it likely would have been a different error that Dier would have made to create the goals but I don't see him doing anything to stop the first goal. I think on the second goal he likely is not in place to block the cross so it is likely a goal from the WH scoring as Dier is two steps behind him and on the 3rd goal again no sure what he would have done different.

Back
Top Bottom