Jonas on free transfer?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Jonas on free transfer?

• Total voters
We are already at our limit for foreign players in the squad, which is why BAE hasn't been assigned so it's safe to say that this is not going to happen, typical Mail bullshit...last week they were asking what would happen to Falcao if Utd play Monaco in the Champions league this season...

It's a no brainier. We have to take him, or another free agent.
3 strikers ( one of which is an apprentice ) is way too light for a normal schedule, let alone ours.

Jonas and Kane for Europa, leaving Ade and Bobby for the big stuff.

We should never have been left in this predicament..

When one leaves for the ACON and one gets injured..

lol you lads worry to much

all you do then is play your last senior striker and have a younger player get a chance off the bench for a month

you certainly don't go signing washed up brazilians on free transfers

And when one has never proven himself at the top level, one hasn't proved himself in england, and the other one is inconsistent

and you think jonas will solve that as he's not unproven an inconsistent :paulinholol:

our squad is big enough and we're covered in all positions, we can reevaluate in january if need be

I'll back him the same as I have done every manager since Keith Burkinshaw, including Gross,
But that doesn't stop me having ambitions for my club or doesn't mean I'm happy when I THINK the wrong decisions have been made.
I really hate to use them cunts as an example but Woolwich have had CL football for 17 straight seasons or however many it is now, and they also don't let European football affect their prem games after a European match.. That's because they have a better balanced squad, you don't see them with two decentish strikers and one apprentice... they always have good cover in ALL positions, we have good cover in most positions but up top we are very light.
And before anyone says, go off and support them then.. No fuck off I won't..

Woolwich have won one trophy in 8 years and are notorious for long term injuries to key players. I'd say they've not done a great job of juggling league and Europe for a club of their size and resources.

Anyway it's about the quality of players not quantity. One more average striker isn't going to help us finish top 4.

Fuck me, six pages and a closed account about a striker we literally cannot sign because of homegrown quotas.

:pochfacepalm:

We´ve lost a few this summer.

Transfer window dont fuck about. Its tough out here. Streets be real.

tumblr_inline_mr2msfVhfV1qz4rgp.jpg

It's a no brainier. We have to take him, or another free agent.
3 strikers ( one of which is an apprentice ) is way too light for a normal schedule, let alone ours.

Jonas and Kane for Europa, leaving Ade and Bobby for the big stuff.

We should never have been left in this predicament..

since when is 3 senior strikers not enough for a 1 striker system

2 seasons ago we were way better than Liverpool and very close to Woolwich..
They have both kicked on whilst we are going backwards.

Our 3 striker strike force will be our downfall at the end of the season. Even Everton have more.

As the other thread points out we have 7 games in 23 days.. An injury to one of our front men and we are in trouble this early.. With Ade on ACON duty, if Bobby gets injured, then we will be left with Kane, and as much potential he may or may not have, that is just plain stupid.
One good frontman could have made all the difference, and put an end to the Sunday defeats after a Thursday Europa game.

Chelsea = Costa, Drogba, Remy
Citeh = Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic
Woolwich = Giroud, Sanogo, Welbeck
Everton = Lukaku, Etoo, Naismith
It's only Liverpool who have more and I think that's due to Borini being difficult to offload on 90 grand a week. Think three options for one position is plenty.

I'd take another striker as cover if his wages aren't crazy & we were allowed under the HG rule. We should have cover/competition if we are trying to compete on 4 fronts this year. Just wish we weren't back, scraping the bargain bucket.

Last edited:
2 seasons ago we were way better than Liverpool and very close to Woolwich..
They have both kicked on whilst we are going backwards.

Our 3 striker strike force will be our downfall at the end of the season. Even Everton have more.

As the other thread points out we have 7 games in 23 days.. An injury to one of our front men and we are in trouble this early.. With Ade on ACON duty, if Bobby gets injured, then we will be left with Kane, and as much potential he may or may not have, that is just plain stupid.
One good frontman could have made all the difference, and put an end to the Sunday defeats after a Thursday Europa game.

we should probably walk to our games to incase we get in a car crash and everyone dies :ap:

the acon is in january i'm sure we can address it then if it's an issue

all the other big teams have more continuity than us, we slag players and managers off at the drop of a hat and then fuck them out the door broken

you wanna get back to the top 4 then back Tino for afew seasons and let him build a squad

We moan about Schniederlin for 8 weeks, then totally stop talking about him and ONLY moan about a striker.......who we didnt moan about until transfer deadline day.....when welbeck was linked......even though he´s shit.......its still a disaster we didnt get him.......

:eriksenserious:

looked well shit yesterday too :adewtf:

So saying I want a better strike force is childish??? Ok oh wise one..

Grown up man..

We've got Ade, Soldado and Kane then Lamela, Dier:dier: and Chadli capable of playing upfront

some washed up cunt like Jonas or another free agent aint gonna improve the strike force or play at all, it would be a complete waste of money

Togo may not even qualify for the acon as they lost their first match in qualifying to Guinea or some shit and Ghana is in their group too

you've ignored the fact most of the top teams only have 3 first team strikers and the fact Kane has shown massive improvement of late and needs to play to further that

then saying the goons could get all their strikers injured but not miss a beat is bollocks but we're one injury away from a meltdown lol fack off that's defeatist shite

comparing us to the scum when they've been in the CL for seasons on end and had the same manager for decades is also ridiculous when our manager is barely through the door

I want Tottenham to be successful and one of the best teams in Europe but expecting to much this season will just have you pulling out your hair if you've got any left(almost 40 lol). Levy needs to give the new man time(the fans too) thru thick and thin or we'll always be a nearly team with a revolving door of players and managers.

Back
Top Bottom